Holy Cross

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  lfnadmin 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

LehighGuy
    Participant

They draw the weakest #1 seed. Watch out!

hawktalker
    Participant

A coach smart enough to guide his team to the PAC 12 championship ought to be able to figure out this 1-3-1. That’s five straight wins… and they’re still 4 games under .500

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

It’s painful, but I/we have to congratulate The Carmody Crusaders. Quite a run. And even though its the dreaded PIG, this is the Patriot League’s fifth NCAA win to my knowledge. I believe the money is the same for them and the league, as if it were a first round game.

Oregon will kill the 1-3-1 with baseline drives and run outs, but hopefully its not an embarrassment like the Leopards last year.

lehigh90
    Participant

I think I’d take HC and the points and the under.

TMH
    Participant

I’m sure Bison will come to my rescue here but does a conference get any money for playing in a PIG?

If I look at this article correctly (from 2014)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/sports/ncaa-money/

Units are assigned based on participation at each level. There are 132 units up for grabs but to me at least, it appears to begin with the field of 64. If so, that win tonight by HC was very big for the PL.

TMH
    Participant

BTW, it’s not the 1-3-1 that makes this defense so effective, it’s the match element that is so stifling. I rarely see any team that flashes up to the opponent as well as HC did in a zone situation. Just my opinion.

gohawks63
    Participant

I didn’t think HC was going to pull this one out. Their 2nd half turnovers were ridiculous. But somehow, they did. Champion is a gamer …

lehigh90
    Participant

So much for the 1-3-1. Oregon had no trouble figuring that out. Wow.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

A third consecutive Patriot League embarrassment. Just not equipped with enough athletes.

TMH
    Participant

1.)I think Lehigh figured out the 1-3-1 but unfortunately it took about 20 minutes of basketball to do it. Didn’t Lehigh score 40+ points in the 2nd half of their game.

2.)Due to the tournament format, The Patriot League did not send their best team to the NCAA Tournament in any of the last 3 years although American was the #2 seed in 2014.

LehighGuy
    Participant

HC did win a NCAA tourney game….they represented the PL well. They were the only team in the field with a losing record. LU blew it n did the PL a diservice by not winning the title.

LehighGuy
    Participant

That’s what they said about LU in 2012 jimk72. How did that work out for Duke? I think this yrs LU squad could of made some noise with Kempton

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

I agree Lehigh blew it. As did Bucknell. And the league paid for it sending HC. But comparing pre-tournament sentiment of HC this year to Lehigh in 2012? I think most people in the know in 2012 thought Duke would win, but not in a blow out, particularly with the showing against Kansas two years previous. Its was obvious HC doesn’t have a C.J. Or a T.K. for that matter.

And I’m tired of hearing about HC and how we screwed up. Does anybody have any news on MH, CS2 or BA’s condition? We need spies on campus.

toddcudd
    Participant

This article from the B&W is a couple of weeks old now, Jim – but it gives the impression that all 3 are progressing. Not a lot of details, but as I read it, I gather that all 3 are expected to be available for summer workouts, and ready for next season.

B&W Article – Injuries

travism
    travism
    Participant

Sedore tore his acl? I didn’t know that that was the issue. Holba worries me. I mean I would hope he is ready to go. That whole injury went from day to day to may miss some time to setback to out for year. He still had a boot on last home games of the year Noticed it was off in playoffs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.