Holy Cross

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Holy Cross

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by van van 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Interesting game; probably toughest to watch this year, but O and D rose to occasion in second half.

Good news — if there is any — in the two missed field goals is they were struck well, just a little offline.

Personally, I’d have gone for that 4th and 1 on the HC 10 after Groome’s big INT. Though I think Divers is OK, I think LU can convert 4th and 1’s pretty consistently with a big fullback in the game.

No Colvin today … though there were a few times when he’d normally see action.

Your thoughts?

Historian
    Participant

Games like this are won in the trenches and Lehigh has excelled there this season. Lehigh has some outstanding players in the skill positions, but the OL and front seven on defense have also been a major factor in this season’s success.

With our vertical passing game not at the same unbelievable level of earlier in the season, the OL, without a NFL draft pick, has come through with a strong running game the last two weeks. On the other side of the ball, Lehigh is holding its opponents to less than 100 yards rushing per game. Mike Groome is a great team leader on defense and his play has been the equal of some other great Lehigh linebackers, such as Eason, Young, Cohen, etc.

van
    van
    Participant

Gotta get our kicking game more reliable. Divers seems OK, but missed both chippies. He scares the heck outta me with his punts, so slow to get it off.

No way I kick the FG on that 4th and less than a yard at the 5 yard line. Given our kicking history, odds of making the FG are probably less than odds of getting the first down.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.