Maryland – Eastern Shore

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Maryland – Eastern Shore

This topic contains 13 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  norcalfan 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

lehigh90
    Participant

Here it is, the last OOC game, and Stabler gets to host another juggernaut, Maryland – Eastern Shore. Don’t think you will find a line at the will call window. Lehigh up to 88 in the Sagarin ratings, one spot ahead of Villanova at 89. Actually, we are in good basketball company:

86 Oklahoma State
    87 Arkansas
    88 Lehigh
    89 Villanova

MD-ES has 3 wins, two coming at home to PL teams. But outside of those 2 wins and one another (Mercy?), it is a schedule full of heavy losses, almost all by double digits and most by 20+. Their team is full of mostly transfers and JUCO transfers, with only a few straight out of high school players. They don’t look to have any studs to keep an eye on, as their 3 top scorers average 10 each. They are buried deep in the 300’s in Sagarins.

So, I would expect a sizeable margin in this one. Lehigh by about 25.

LU65
    Participant

90, you beat me to the punch.

Game Notes:
    Still awaiting publication

Rankings and Predictions:
    Ken Pomeroy
    LU 74
    UMES 337
    LU wins 86-58 (98% chance)

Sagarin Predictor
    LU 80
    UMES 332
    LU wins by 25

Of note, UMES………..
    has two D-I wins this year – each coming against PL teams: AU (64-62) and Navy (69-46)

has played a tougher OOC schedule than Lehigh – featuring Kansas St., Wyoming, and Virginia

features a 6’7" 205 lb senior (rs) guard named Hillary Haley who takes nearly 36% of the team shots – good for 13th most of any player in D-I basketball. CJ, you might ask, takes 31.5%. Lucky for us, Haley hits just over 27% of his shots and averages only 8.8 ppg.

has struggled this year in: (a) shooting the ball and failing to break 50 five times this year {.372 FG% .304 3FG% .602 FT%}, (b) rebounding the ball {-3.7 differential}, and (c) holding onto the ball {16+ TO/game}

"best" performance in a loss this year was against Air Force out in Colorado two weeks ago when dropped a 4-point decision yet had three double-digit scorers and out-rebounded the Falcons 36-26.

While it bears little significance to our game, it should be noted that the struggling Hawks have their support of their fans with 2,597 in attendance at home games. Sadly, LU reports an average home attendance this year of 729. Might be time to see what are they doing that we’re not!

lehigh90
    Participant

65, that attendance figure is shocking! That school is smaller than Lehigh (3900 undergrad), and to be pulling in 2,600 per is impressive. Perhaps, since American and Navy were 2 of the home games, a lot of away fans showed up? Either way, nice support.

You figure, 2600/3900 = 67 % of possible students attending (I realize not all are students)

Lehigh 700/4700 = 15 % of possible students attending

LU65
    Participant

I kid you not.

ATTENDANCE SUMMARY GAMES TOTALS AVG/GAME
    HOME……………….. 4 10919 2730
    AWAY……………….. 7 34339 4906
    NEUTRAL…………….. 2 1430 715
    TOTAL………………. 13 46688 3591

They even drew 1874 for the Mercy (D-II) game. Must not be a lot to do in Princess Anne, Maryland – a town deep in the heart of the DELMARVA penisula.

LU65
    Participant

Game Notes

http://www.lehighsports.com/assets/1/wo … /47185.PDF

LUHoops00
    Participant

Can not watch tonight, appreciate any recaps that someone can provide. Thanks in advance.

LUHoops00

Lehigh808
    Participant

Lehigh 42 UMES 16….this is more a practice than a competitive game.

lehigh90
    Participant

Wow, up 29 at the half. I love how this team is developing a real swagger. Teams that have no business being on the court with them, they are burying by halftime. Love it.

LU65
    Participant

Two best stat at the half:
    LU 13 assists (5 for MM) on 17 made field goals
    LU 3 Tourovers

LUHoops00
    Participant

I also looked at the stats at the half, oy vey, pouring it on. Similar start to Bryant, slow start, kept them in the game and then BAM, spurability baby!

I have an interesting post topic to get to that sort of relays to this game, just not sure I’ll get time to bang it out tonight…keep me posted on 2nd half boys.

Go LU

LU65
    Participant

82-55………..wasn’t that close.

12 players scored

MM didn’t miss a shot and had a season-high 6 assists.

CS is the real deal at the quarterback position. Always plays under control. Excellent ball handler with good vision. Has quick pass release. Showed a variety of shots tonight in hitting a 3, a turnaround 8 footer, and one high off the glass. Could easily play the 2G and did for awhile with MM manning the point. Might expect more off-point time down the road.

Glad to see Reed make wholesale lineup changes with 7 minutes to go. Not so glad to see rag-tag play resulting in TO’s and missed opportunities to score. Must disappointed with BJ’s lackluster / error-prone play and SC’s defensive shortcomings. On the plus side, you had Corey Baltimore play underneath the basket (4 pts. and a couple of rebounds)and a last minute block. His play improves with each game; BJ’s doesn’t. Not sure the latter will see much time in league play.

norcalfan
    Participant

"LU65" wrote: 90, you beat me to the punch.

features a 6’7" 205 lb senior (rs) guard named Hillary Haley who takes nearly 36% of
    While it bears little significance to our game, it should be noted that the struggling Hawks have their support of their fans with 2,597 in attendance at home games. Sadly, LU reports an average home attendance this year of 729. Might be time to see what are they doing that we’re not!

I am all over it. What are they doing to get such support? Lehigh? I have heard all the reasons why not, but why isn’t the administration doing something about it. LU has the best OOC record in the hx of the school. I just don’t get it. The players must be playing for each other.

norcalfan
    Participant

"LU65" wrote: I kid you not.

ATTENDANCE SUMMARY GAMES TOTALS AVG/GAME
    HOME……………….. 4 10919 2730
    AWAY……………….. 7 34339 4906
    NEUTRAL…………….. 2 1430 715
    TOTAL………………. 13 46688 3591

They even drew 1874 for the Mercy (D-II) game. Must not be a lot to do in Princess Anne, Maryland – a town deep in the heart of the DELMARVA penisula.

Embarrassing!

norcalfan
    Participant

"lehigh90" wrote: Wow, up 29 at the half. I love how this team is developing a real swagger. Teams that have no business being on the court with them, they are burying by halftime. Love it.

I would say this is the perfect game to give the bench confidence as they enter league play. Good win tonight.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.