Matt Hand

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Baseball Matt Hand

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TMH 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

After Council Rock North’s 2-0 Suburban One League National Conference win over Neshaminy on Monday, Hand is 3-0 with a 0.00 ERA, 33 strikeouts, six hits, and two walks.

Wow!!!

lehigh90
    Participant

I know the AAU program where he has played. He’s not a big kid, listed 5’11” and 175. Small for a pitcher. Fastball in only the low 80’s (82-84) and mixes in change up and curve. Doesn’t sound like he can dominate at college level. But, obviously can get people out at high school level.

TMH
    Participant

Forgot to mention, at the plate he is 11-23 (.478), 3 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR, 2 SB

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

0.00 Pretty impressive even in HS. A fastball would be nice but a kid who can mix and hit spots can do OK here.

lehigh90
    Participant

I see him listed as a SS/P, so you would think he can hit a little.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

TMH
    I wonder, picking up on 90’s post, whether Ps are targetted as athletes rather than pitchers. Thinking of football where oft times a QB is recruited more for being the best athlete on team rather than his skill at QB.

TMH
    Participant

I think the coaches identify needs but recruit athletes. Young began as a pitcher and is now our 3rd best hitter. Nalesnik came here as a cather (as did Paccioli) and both became OF. Mcmanimon and Butera were both very good pitchers and hitters in HS. Both are in the pitching rotation since that is the position of greatest need IMHO.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Thanks TMH.

TMH
    Participant

Matt is still in the news

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/20160505_Hand_playing_big_role_for_Council_Rock_North_baseball.html

Sounds like an impressive young man. Welcome to Lehigh!!

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Matt threw a gem yesterday in the first round of the state playoffs. In a 7 inning complete game he gave up 1 run on 6 hits and no walks, while striking out 5. The way some of Lehigh pitchers struggle with free passes it’s nice to see a kid with that kind of control.

TMH
    Participant

!st Team All Southeast PA

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/20160619_All-Southeastern_Pennsylvania_baseball_team.html

Based on stats alone, I see him as a pitcher at Lehigh

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.