Monmouth

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Hell of a win in OT. Martins,Kinek and Mann with 21 apiece. Very nice O in the 2nd half. Rebounded superbly. Ball handling and D both sloppy. A ton of unforced TOs.16 alone in the 1st half. D looked slow,disorganized and could not guard on the perimeter. They improved slightly in the 2nd with ballhandling. Still a W.

toddcudd
    Participant

Thanks for the insight! I think I watched the wrong game tonight…

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I was watching both. At the end of both 1st halves,tempted to just watch Duke. Both 2nd halves,give me hope of a real good year.

TMH
    Participant

Everything you mentioned in the other thread was exactly true. By far our biggest problem is the lack of a pure PG. Q is a natural SG. Monmouth put full court pressure after about 70% of their baskets and Q was lost. Kayla is the best ball handler by far but she gives you very little offensively. She is fairly limited to shooting 3s. There were a lot of things wrong with the 1st game of the season but effort wasn’t one of them. Even with the injuries, I think we have the best front court in the PL with Martins, Kinek and Sharlow.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Burton ,IMO,has to be our PG. We have enough scorers. She gets a few points and double digit assists we will win. Q is an excellent player but not a PG. Pascoe may not be one either but she seems to be a better ballhandler. Agree on frontcourt.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.