NAVY confirmed '18

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football NAVY confirmed '18

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Joe confirmed on radio today.
    Also,lights for Goodman are an “institutional priority”. Translated into English,no lights unless a deep pocket alum pays.

TMH
    Participant

“,no lights unless a deep pocket alum pays.”

I will submit your name :-).

Personally, until we had this new tenant, I never really saw a need for lights. I love the Saturday afternoon football games with the mountains in the background. From a cost/benefit standpoint it never made sense to me….my personal opinion only.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Lack of lights really hurt us in trying to get the home-and-home from Navy, methinks. :D

TMH
    Participant

I’m pretty sure a home/home wasn’t really in the cards. Navy made a pledge to schedule a Patriot League team every year and implied that it would be different teams. I may be wrong though.
    I go down to Navy every year for at least one game. I don’t recall any games being scheduled at night.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Lights and scoreboard are important,if not essential. Sept early Oct late afternoon ,early evening games will boost attendance.
    Scoreboard. One we got now unreadable half the time. Needs upgrade. Shortsightedto do anything less than what Lafayette already has.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

No needs for lights. How about skyboxes, which would generate additional revenue to pump into … lights, other programs, main-campus fields?

van
    van
    Participant

I think the lights might be more for TV games. Like a friday night ESPN for example.

TMH
    Participant

I know very little about electricity but I guess that running enough current to power stadium lights would be far more than for Lafayette where the stadium is on campus and even for the light standards at the soccer and lacrosse fields which are located across the street from Stabler.
    Would Saturday night games attract more students?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

IIR,stumbling block wasn’t stadium lights but lighting yhe surrounding area for safety. No doubt it will cost more than Pards but if we do it ,it must be at least as good. Better would be preferable.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Lehigh has a much bigger liability factor than Lafayette with night football games. Fisher is on the edge of the campus along city streets. Goodman has vast areas of darkness, fields and woods. Not a good mix when alcohol is mixed in.
    I still prefer the Saturday afternoon game with the mountain in the background and hiking around the tailgates.

Scoreboard was upgraded a couple years ago to make the numbers more intense and readable. I understand the wish for jazzing things up with a video board, and that might help lure more students back. On problem is wear to put it? My thought would be at an angle on the embankment above the northeastern corner of that endzone.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.