NEW COMMIT. TJ Rakowsky SS

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football NEW COMMIT. TJ Rakowsky SS

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A 5’11 205 SS from Palisades HS Pa
    He is a decommit from Army. Had offers from Cornell Columbia Stony Brook Bucknell and Holy Cross.
    This young man is a beast. Hard nosed and a brutal tackler. If able you should watch title game with Lehighton. Prime example of what he can do.

TMH
    Participant

I am the only one having trouble logging in recently?
    Rakowsky is a real good one. He played LB at Palisades and averaged about 10 yds/carry as their fullback. He’ll be a SS in college, perhaps a rover if we go that route again.
    He played his first 3 years at CB South. His father Terry played 3 seasons at Penn State as a WR I think.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Terry did. A lot of Terrys in that family. :). D needs the talent.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Terry did. A lot of Terrys in that family. :). D needs the talent.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Interesting article by Keth Groller on this young man. Turns out Army wanted him to prep for a year which he wasnt interested in. Loose( ex Lafayette cosch) apparently advised him about his options. Donnie Roberts reached out to him to come in for an official visit which sold him on Lehigh. He is slotted as a Rover.

Lehigh74
    Participant

RAKOWSKY TO LEHIGH

T.J. Rakowsky, one of the spark plugs on Palisades High School’s 13-1 Colonial League and District 11 3A title team last fall, will continue his career at Lehigh beginning this fall.

Rakowsky originally committed to attending the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.

However, Rakowsky learned he would have to attend prep school for a year and decided to explore other options. The best option for him was at Lehigh.

“I was excited about Army, but I wasn’t as enthusiastic about having to do a prep year,” said Rakowsky, whose father, Terry, is a North Schuylkill High graduate and former Penn State quarterback in the late 1970s and early 80s.

“Lehigh then came into the story about a week after my situation changed with West Point and and offered me a scholarship. I got a call from one of their assistant coaches [defensive line coach Donnie Roberts]. John Loose [a former Lafayette assistant] was the coach I dealt with at Army and he was up front about everything and understood my situation.”

Rakowsky transferred from Central Bucks West to Palisades between his junior and senior seasons and said that changed his class ranking and his status with West Point.

“I went on an official visit to Lehigh over the weekend and committed on Sunday morning [March 4],” Rakowsky said. “It’s a great community up there. Everyone was so welcoming. I grew up watching the Lehigh-Lafayette game so I feel at home.”

Rakowsky will play the rover position at Lehigh.

“I was more of a strong safety at CB West, but at Palisades they needed me more as a linebacker and that was fine,” said Rakowski, listed at 5-foot-11 and 205 pounds. “I’m really excited to be going back to a safety position. I am looking forward to the chance of competing for playing time right away.”

Lehigh, coming off back-to-back Patriot League titles, begins spring drills begin on March 20.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Thanks 74. Glad you young guys are more computer savvy than I. :)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by RichH RichH.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.