Pete Lembo

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Pete Lembo

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Is leaving Ball St to go to Maryland as an asst.

guids
    Participant

probably a good move as it buys him at least three more years of employment until Durkin leaves for bigger or gets fired at UMD. He may have not have survived a bad 2016.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

He left with a winning record but last 2 yrs have been bad. According to article ,he was frustrated ny lack of Admin support and funding.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I think if you look at Pete’s history, he’s ridden on the coattails of his predecessors.

To me, the real test of a coach is how he performs in his fifth year and beyond — with kids he and HIS staffs had to recruit.

Pete’s 17-17 (including 8-3 at Lehigh) in his fifth and final years as HC, and 8-16 past two years at Ball.

He’s a solid assistant and an impressive guy; just not sure how well he’s built to be a head coach — at least nowadays.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

He did turn around Elon. They were a mess when he arrived. Within a couple of short years he guided them to at least one really good year before he left.

The MAC is tough right now. Toledo, NIU, BGSU and Ohio are committed to wining and it’s showing in the standings year after year. Ball State has always been and down at best.

His return to metro DC is interesting. I wonder if Georgetown finishes the MSF, (it’s suppose to finally happen) and the school invests a little more into football if he’d take the HC gig at his alma mater?

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Interesting thought about Lembo possibly returning to G’town someday. He told me over ten years ago that they were the “sleeping giant” with their national reputation. If they ever put a financial commitment to football, they could be a real power.
    Is he just going to be an assistant at MD or an OC as well? But still good positioning if Terps make more moves down the road.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Asst HC and ST coordinator

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Thanks. Makes more sense. Otherwise would have been seen as a step down.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Maybe we can get a “payday” game with the Terps. Heck we’re playing Navy in a few years and they’re better than Maryland. Great area to travel. A lot of alums would turn out in College Park.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.