Possible New Name for Next Season

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Possible New Name for Next Season

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lehigh90 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

lehigh90
    Participant

I notice that Ryan Daly, a 6’4″ SG from Archbishop Carroll in Philly has decommitted from Hartford. Kid is a good scorer (21.4 ppg in Philly Catholic League) and good perimeter shooter. He is a teammate of Pat Andree’s on his AAU club, Jersey Shore Warriors. We would appear to have 1 spot open next year. Lehigh back in the day recruited heavily out of Catholic League and he probably has grades to play at Lehigh.

Still trying to figure out the Vaughn Covington situation. Old Lehigh offer out there, but assume pulled. Maybe Covington is going to VMI, where he picked up recent offer from new coach Dan Earl, who has a lot of PL and Phiily ties. His Neumann Goretti squad just won PA State Title (3rd in a row) with Covington at PG. All 5 Neumann starters with D1 offers or commits.

lehigh90
    Participant

For those who don’t know a lot about Daly, here is his senior video. Great pedigree, son of a coach (most recently Associate Head Coach at Penn State). Family is basketball royalty in Philadelphia and Catholic League. Father and son, both POY in Philly Catholic League.

Not a super athlete, but can score the ball, and great shooter. Would be a 2-3 in PL.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3537874/highlights/334340375

lehigh90
    Participant

Daly back on the recruiting circuit. Has picked up offers from Holy Cross, Niagara, and UMBC. Still no word on Vaughn Covington destination.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Does Doc pull the trigger for next year?

toddcudd
    Participant

My impression is that we’re done for this year. Saw an article from LU a while ago that seemed to put a period on this class.

TMH
    Participant

todd,
    Absolutely correct. I just confirmed it tonight.

lehigh90
    Participant

Daly has finally signed. I thought it would be Holy Cross, but he is staying closer to home, and has signed at the University of Delaware. Surprising in that they didn’t have a coach until a day before he signed. But, new U of D coach is a Philly Catholic League rooted guy, Martin Ingelsby. So, makes some sense.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.