UPDATES

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football UPDATES

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  LehighGuy 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

ANYBODY GO TO SCRIMMAGE TODAY? ANY UPDATES? THANKS

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I have bedn posting on other thread.
    Caslow out for 3 werks injured.
    Per Joyce Dline was solid. O looked dominant but D had some good moments.
    Realistically not too many Ds will stop our O this year.Kinda unfair to expect our D to consistently stop them.
    Hopefully we get some eyewitness takes as well as Jotce’s article and an interview with Andy.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Video up on site. Andy liked Dline particularly Caveness and Nace. Paulsen looked good at TE. Not enough video to get much feel for units. Andy not too happy with 2ndary performance. Big plays again. You remember those from the last 2 years. Ugh.

toddcudd
    Participant

And Lehigh Sports article is here.

Anonymous

thanks

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Did not see Nana today. Nick T ran with 2s. Micco with qs. Dom just played 1st series with 1s.. Trying to see rotation on O and D lines.

LehighGuy
    Participant

saw the scrimmage. first team O did what they wanted against the first team D. to see them do that without 32 and 3 is scary, or our D is that bad. same ole same ole from the secondary. giving up big plays down the middle. Looks like theyre going to FORCE one of the fresh to play SS, dont understand it. Either 38 or 19, maybe 20. #3(Mcolskey still missing tackles). the corners wasnt really tested. Like 18 though, he will be good. D line did do better against the run. 2nd team D did better than first team, wouldve liked them to go against 1’s. they didnt give up TDs. Missed #5 no doubt. They need to shake the secondary up. #22,#25 had alot of tackles. O is going to HAVE to outscore opp again.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by  LehighGuy.

objective observer
    Participant

Lehigh guy- I was at the scrim

the d-line is better than what they had in the past – the last two years you had guys starting that were too small to be playing – watch the film- you will see those guys getting pushed down the field about 10 yards

as for yesterday- yes the d line needs work- but you had guys
    especially the freshman playing well also – players hustling to the ball almost making backside tackles- the secondary did allow players to get behind them- if you have coached you know that the secondary needs to communicate with each other-and that is a new group- but they need to grow up fast

as for the offense- shaf threw a nice ball- some very nice passes with coverage on players

I think I only saw one dropped pass

also- the goal of the scrim is to start seeing who is going to be on the depth chart- I don’t think that was the first team defense in the first 4 plays

Like I said in an earlier email- the defense will be better than the last two years-

objective observer
    Participant

let’s wait to see the first game to make bold statements

this is the first week of practice with the new freshman

scrims are to look at personal- not to win or lose

also- in a scrim you don’t tackle certain players?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Thanks LG and oo. Appreciate the reports.
    Andy said ge was running a lot if frosh on the 1s and 2s to get alook at them.
    O is indeed scary good and a completely veteran groyp. No surprise they were well ahead of D.
    Some IDs.
    D 18 Wilson fr
    19 O’Brien fr
    20 Gies so
    25 Redmond
    38 Seighman fr
    22 is Nana perhaps this was 12 Harris
    One thing I noticed in video was D swarm to the ball.
    2ndary is still a question. Part of that may be the quality of our O. We’ll see.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Forgot
    O
    78 Tennant
    72 Duffy
    7r Short
    65 O’Hara
    69 Sweeney
    2 77 Wagner
    66 Oneidas
    75 Riccotilli
    63 and 68 dont match up

LehighGuy
    Participant

i hear you OO, but the secondary really arent a new group, sr,jr,soph, fresh. 3 of them started at LEAST 8 games last yr. I understand the fresh not knowing. But why are they in there on first team??? I thought the D-line did well against run. And yes that was the first team D besides caslow. alot of players wore # not matching game jersey. For who asked, nana was 48. 22 was not harris, played MLB

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.