Reply To: Time for Andy to go

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Time for Andy to go Reply To: Time for Andy to go

objective observer
Participant

LU90

There are really only two solid years of scholarship players!

GIVE IT TIME!
Lehigh probably has the best two freshman running backs in the league and a lot of underclassmen are playing- If I am a betting man- the 2017 football team will be a team to reckon with!!

JMU- have fifth year seniors- at this point in time- they are better- that is ok- you can’t be undefeated all the time

As for Princeton and Yale- yes they could have played much better-

There is something going on with this team, I cant place my finger on it but from sideline observations they are not yet there as a complete team! it is like there are personality conflicts amongst the players

I was told by coaches –

It is the little things that win football games and at this point that is not happening- there seems like there is some selfishness occurring on the team? Anyway

players are turning the ball over-
players dropping passes at crucial times-
players getting penalties-
not capitalizing on turnovers
poor special teams- the kick returner for bucknell had 127 yards in kickoff yards- with an 85 yard touchdown

Finally – I do see a plan- we have the probably the two best young running backs in the league- I saw #3 crying after the game on the bench- and saw him make a great catch at the end of the game- this is what the team needs- a strong desire to win- and never give up!- Observations have been made that not all the players give 110%

And I know for a fact- that these coaches want to win- and are providing the players with the tools and information to win- what the players do with this information is up to them- remember the coaches cant play the game

I never met a coach in my life that likes to lose-give it time- I guarantee improvement- I have faith and confidence in this coaching staff- they are full of character and care about the players- Nick Saban probably doesn’t know any 3rd or 4th string players names- that is why they use tape at practice on their helmets- these coaches are personal and I would take that any day for my child!