Reply To: Game 14: Holy Cross

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Game 14: Holy Cross Reply To: Game 14: Holy Cross

lfnadmin
Keymaster

I thought the 2-3 zone switch was masterful like everyone else, but I was also impressed about how TK and KR closed out the game as well.

First, TK. I thought Cross’ strategy was to play football against him underneath, and it worked in the first half, since it seemed like TK was out of sorts. But in the second half, he persevered, got to the foul line, and then when it mattered most his shots started to fall (and Cross’ FT shooting went horrible, and their 3-point shot as well). Some days TK gets 20+ points and Lehigh loses; I’d rather take this 13-15 point type of game, with TK earning every point, in victories.

Second, I thought it was interesting that KR is now becoming the free throw guy of choice at the end of the game. One underreported item was that Reed used AP as a decoy for the last minute FTs and instead got the ball to Ross, who nailed the clinching FTs. Ross has come a long, long way in the last month.