2015-16 Schedule

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2015-16 Schedule

This topic contains 122 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by travism travism 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

The rumor mill has away games next season vs Virginia and Purdue

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Makes sense as “homecoming games” for Alston and Price/Holba. I believe Price grew up primarily in Indiana before moving to Michigan in high school.

They should both be very good next year. Purdue returns almost everyone from a team that has already won 20 games and went 12-6 in the Big Ten. They are also still in the hunt for top 10 center recruit Caleb Swanigan. Would think they would be a top 25 team preseason, maybe even top 15.

Virginia as well should be VERY good again as they return the top 3 scorers off of one of the best teams in the country.

Exciting games for sure, but hopefully the third guarantee game is a little more even on paper!

TMH
    Participant

Next year should be the pivotal year for this program. They need to be battle tested going into league play. If TK is to get any NBA consideration, he needs to be showcased against the top talent he will be competing with for those slots. Duke was the golden ticket for CJ. These two games should also provide significant paydays for the program and be an effective recruiting tool. When all the smoke clears however, it will be all about league play.

LU65
    Participant

Take it to the bank! We will play return matches against: Canisius, Columbia, St. Francis (PA) – all on the road this year. Look for the Goldlen Griffins out of Buffalo to come early on the schedule, perhaps as quick as Game 2, and follow a season opening “power conference” opponent (Top 70 in both season-ending RPI and KenPom rankings) – a team other than UVA or Purdue.

Other games should include home tilts against an Ivy and NEC opponent we haven’t seen around here in quite some time – if ever, I believe, in the case of the Northeast Conference foe.

LU15
    Participant

Do we have a 4 year home and home with St Francis(PA), we played them on the road 2 years ago!

toddcudd
    Participant

I don’t think we ever get the details of our schedule deals, 15 – but I think an on-going deal is likely. Unless I missed something, I believe we’ve played them every year since 07-08.

LU65
    Participant

Todd, you’re right. The present string of ST. Francis (PA) games dates back to the 2007-08 season. Alternating home courts seemed to have been the rule in the early days but the teams doubled-up on 10-11 and 11-12 (both home for LU) and again in 12-13 and 13-14 (both home for SF(PA). We’ve played a string of eight now (all evened-up at 4 apiece) and I wouldn’t bet it’ll end any day soon. I’m certainly not privy to the contracts but it seems that many deals, it not most, are cut for either 2 or 4 years. For example: Quinnipiac 2011/12 thru 2014/15) …. Fordham (2010/11 thru 2014/14) or Sacred Heart (2012-13 thru 2013-14). It raises the question, “Will we see the likes of LIU/Brooklyn, UMBC, or Rider this year? Or, were each operating under a two year plan that ended with the close of last season’s play?

toddcudd
    Participant

If the LIUB, UMBC, Rider deals ended – I’m good with that. I think we can do better. Rider might be the exception, but I still think we should be able to do better on home-and-home series. Horizon, MAC, etc.

LU65
    Participant

No argument from me, Todd. We can and will do better.

lehigh90
    Participant

How about a third OOC game for Kahron Ross at Arkansas, or one for Justin Goldsborough at Maryland, Georgetown, George Washington or George Mason. Those would all work for me.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

I’m actually a fan of the Rider series. Pretty good coach, have been consistently solid since Baggett got there. Decent mid-major league (definitely better than NEC) and a short trip for a midweek game. They probably won’t be an RPI killer and could end up being a good potential OOC victim.

I could also see a Nashville trip for JRG at some point. Vanderbilt, Belmont, Lipscomb (school he transferred from), or Eastern Tennessee. Maybe some of those schools would do a home and home?

AP is going to Indiana via Purdue, but what about Michigan. Maybe even a home and home with Detroit Mercy or Eastern Michigan?

I say this every year, but I would love to see a few of UDel, Drexel, LaSalle, Iona, and Manhattan nearby. Or a (bit) farther afield Richmond, W&M, Akron, Toledo, etc. Schools that have decent traditions from leagues as good or better than the PL, that would provide a small payday (or better yet a home and home) but still have a decent shot at picking up a win.

LU65
    Participant

I had the chance to discuss with Brett the idea of a homecoming game for KR. Believe me when I say it’s on his mind. Reading between the lines, I would say “maybe not this year but ____.” The schools that come to mind in terms of distance from Kahron’s hometown of Jonesboro, AR would be: Memphis (70 miles), University of Arkansas (135 miles), and Ol’ Miss (152 miles).

CHIP72
    Participant

If Lehigh plays Virginia, hopefully it is on a weekend (preferably a Saturday). If it is, I’d definitely look into attending that game. Charlottesville is only a bit more than 2 hours from where I live (Silver Spring, MD), and I’d love to get to a game at UVA (though my first preference would be a football game at Scott Stadium).

On a slightly related note, I’m still kind of annoyed the Mountain Hawks’ game this past year at UMBC was the Sunday after Christmas (12/28) when I was visiting the family in the Lehigh Valley. If it had been even a couple days later, I definitely would have attended. (At least I got to see Lehigh’s games at American and Loyola.)

toddcudd
    Participant

TMH
    Participant

Expect another announcement on that shortly. Although wheels do tend to move slowly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.