Bryant – Game 15

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Bryant – Game 15

This topic contains 15 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  norcalfan 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

Game Notes

http://www.lehighsports.com/assets/1/wo … /47178.PDF

Records

LU 10-4 (0-0 PL)
    vs.
    Bryant 1-11 (0-2 NEC)

Rankings and Ratings

Ken Pomeroy
    Lehigh 77
    Bryant 323

Lehigh wins 85-67 (92%)

Sagarin Predictor
    Lehigh 76
    Bryant 332

Lehigh wins by 17

Common Opponents
    Quinnipiac
    Lehigh won 86-75
    Brant lost 27-83

Game available on internet for $7.00
    https://www.bryantbulldogs.tv/amember/signup.php

lehigh90
    Participant

Keep the bus running, this baby will be over at the half.

LUHoops00
    Participant

I hope you’re right 90, but that is why you play the game. Only 2nd home game all yr for bryant, they’ve been on the road like LU has all year, so they’ll be fired up to play.

Heading down to the game tomorrow, got a good deli recommendation from bryant alumni, not that it can compare to the goose or de ja but we’ll see.

Hoops00

norcalfan
    Participant

"lehigh90" wrote: Keep the bus running, this baby will be over at the half.

This game makes me nervous. They need to respect their opponent or they will get beat. That’s bb 101. Work hard LU!

LUHoops00
    Participant

Live from smithfield, located behind LU bench, 19 mins til tip.

Let’s go LU!

LU65
    Participant

Frrom the comfort of my living room………

It’s halftime and LU is up 37-18 with CJ putting on a show. He has 20 at the half including a fall-away 3 seconds before the halftime horn. Only thing the Bulldog announcer could say was, "It’s almost not fair." lehigh90 was right when he said, "Keep the bus running this baby will be over at the half." Failed to mention……….CJ will be driving it home.

As if CJ needed it, he bagged two from the line before the opening whistle as Bryant was given a 2-shot technical for dunking the basketball in pregame warmups.

lehigh90
    Participant

Up 20 at half. No worries with this one.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

This will make the basketball team having it’s best out of conference record in history, from what I have read. Hopefully a lot of momentum going into league play.

LUHoops00
    Participant

Well as 65 mentioned, I thought I had seen it all, but LU team is huddled up waiting for opening tip and CJ breaks away from team huddle and goes to FT line and starts air motioning FTs, and then the ref shows up and CJ strokes 2 FTs, 2-0 before opening tip….I was behind LU bench, and at the end Bryant was warming up on and although I was focused on LU warmups, I did not see the dunk myself, but a guy near me said he saw it. First 10 minutes were rough offensively, we couldn’t really buy much early, but CJ started heating up and was really a one man show in the first half. At the half, he lead bryant 20-18! He got his whenever he wanted it, it really was a special performance. He had the 3 ball going, the pull up, and some nice driving layups and a thunderous baseline dunk. That alone was worth the trip! Gabe had a nice effort, especially in second half, battled hard, brought the lunch pail, and went to work on the boards and even stroked a big 3. Outside of CJ and Gabe, not a ton to report(unfortunately)! Mackey played well, got into the throat of the defense and got fouled or dished to teammates, and a quick check of box score shows he had 5 dimes, feels about right. HG was very quiet offensively. Hamilton, totally non-existent, outside of fouling out that is. He has not done much since that huge Liberty performance down in Lyncburg, VA tourney. He looks a bit to me like he has lost some confidence, as he seems to be "thinking" about open shots and not "shooting". He’ll need to up his performance in league play to provide us some much needed depth/balance.

Regarding perimeter defense, not sure if 65 could attest on video, but both mackey and AD were running hard through screens and fighting on the defensive end. AD hustles, he really does, and he is confident with his shot, 1-4 on day but I like the tenacity.

Wish Reed got SC some more time, could have had him in more and didn’t, I was looking forward to watching him more closely but didn’t get the chance to.

If winning majority of OOC games and establishing a rotation is goal heading into league play, we’re there, and it is pretty set right now. You have the standard 5, CS off bench for Mackey, AD off bench for either JH or CJ, with JA and JM off bench for bigs. That is your 9 guys going into league play, I know that is not news to anyone, but it is again just confirmation.

Fun game, big win, long ride home but atleast with a W….always fun to see the team play, and a nice LU turnout from around NEngland, as lots of brown and white in the stands near me behind bench.

Til next time(HC on Jan 7), LUHoops00 wishing all a happy new year!

LUHoops00

norcalfan
    Participant

Thanks for the updates. It was all CJ today. Great showing, looked like the CJ of old. I am glad they got this one behind them. Now LUhoops00 was up close and I was watching on a monitor, but seems like the energy overall was not there. I agree Mackey and Dorazio were hustling, but no one was really after it. CJ made it look easy, but it was Bryant. Dr. Reed needs to make sure they are playing team ball or LU is in trouble come PL play. Not sure what is up with my boy JH, looked frustrated today. JM and JA are up and down, but not much need for them today. In a game like this one, why not play the bench a bit more? Oh well, I am not a coach, just a fan.

On another note, I am really excited to see next year’s recruits. They look good on paper. Great win LU! Long ride home for them.

norcalfan
    Participant

"LU65" wrote: Game Notes

http://www.lehighsports.com/assets/1/wo … /47178.PDF

Records

LU 10-4 (0-0 PL)
    vs.
    Bryant 1-11 (0-2 NEC)

Rankings and Ratings

Ken Pomeroy
    Lehigh 77
    Bryant 323

Lehigh wins 85-67 (92%)

Sagarin Predictor
    Lehigh 76
    Bryant 332

Lehigh wins by 17

Common Opponents
    Quinnipiac
    Lehigh won 86-75
    Brant lost 27-83

Game available on internet for $7.00
    https://www.bryantbulldogs.tv/amember/signup.php

Pomeroy and Sagarin called it. Pomeroy said 18 and Sagarin got it perfect, 17. Cool!

lehigh90
    Participant

LUHoops00,

Curious as to why CJ and starters played so many minutes? Did Bryant make any kind of run in the second half? CJ playing 33 minutes in a game like that seems silly. Only bench guys that got any real minutes were AD and CS it seems. Also, see that GK had a big game off the glass. Did Bryant have any size at all?

LU65
    Participant

CJ, CJ, CJ…………
    With 14:15 remaining in the second half, the score was CJ 27-Bryant 26

A nice round 300. Points that is. With 34 point today in this his 15th game, he raised his season scoring average a full point – from 19.0 to 20.0 ppg. For those concerned with the scoring lead, he trails Hinkle of AU by 0.3 pts./game. Hinkle plays his 15th contest on Tuesday and needs to score 17 or more to stay ahead of the on-charging CJ.

His steal and breakaway basket put an end to Lehigh’s dreadful 0 for 7 shooting slump to begin the game.

Fall-away 3’s, left-handed floaters along the baseline, pull-up 2’s, driving layups, 5 for 5 from the line, 2 steals, and 2 assists (think they missed one)………..all in 34 minutes. Wish the show could have lasted longer.

Could have come out earlier (got 33 minutes) but perhaps Reed wanted to see him work with CS, AD, and SC for longer periods of time. Then again, maybe just a reward for good all around play in other facets of his game this year. You’re hot….stay in and have some fun. Pump some excitment into the team.

Jordan Hamilton’s woes continue………….
    Another 0-fer night with more penalties than points. And, it’s not the first time that’s happened. Take away his 8 for 10 night against Liberty and 6 for 7 showing against Arcadia and his FG% drops from is now a respectable .419 to .298. Consistency! That’s not the only problem, as he fouled-out today and has had 23 called against him in the last 7 games and leads the team with 49 while playing the fewest minutes of any starter. Not good. Then again, what are the options? Wouldn’t be shocked, however, to see JA or JM get a start soon, especially when speed is not a priority but size is.

Gabe……………
    After pulling down 1 rebound in 30 minutes against SPC on Wednesday night, you knew what to expect from our big guy the next game. We got it with a season-high 13 boards and 18 points. And, it’s not that he did it in a vacuum. He had Altit (6’10" – yet only a freshman) and McMath (6’8" rs soph.) to content with. Proved to be no match.

Cory Baltimore…………
    The more I see of him, the more I like him. Problem is: we don’t see enough. Except for the 23 minutes against SFU, we get teased with 4 minutes here, 6 minutes there. Today, it was 6 and a nice left-handed scoop shot. Want more.

AD……………..
    Never will win style points for his jumper but they’re beginning to fall (4 for 10 from "3" in his last 4 games.) Maybe he’s coming ’round after slow start. Did, however, look a bit more comfortable today and showed hustle in capturing 3 rebounds.

Rebounding………..
    Apart from grabbing 47 against Arcadia, yesterday’s 46 was a season-high water mark. With 10 players contributing, ‘rebounding by committee’ may just be the answer we’re looking for.

LUHoops00
    Participant

90 – he tried to get in some subs fairly early in 2nd half, but(and memory foggy a bit) lead got cut from a high of say around 26/27 down to 12/13 at one point. Other issue in 2nd half was they were in bonus and double early, think fouls at one point were 10-2 or so in second half in favor of bryant. So in came the cavalry, aka starters. 65 – I touched on hamilton a bit as well, definitely struggling, not looking good right now, hopefully last semester on campus brings out the best in JH. JA was foul prone yesterday as well, seemingly getting whistled every time he was near a guy with the ball.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

"LUHoops00" wrote: 90 – he tried to get in some subs fairly early in 2nd half, but(and memory foggy a bit) lead got cut from a high of say around 26/27 down to 12/13 at one point. Other issue in 2nd half was they were in bonus and double early, think fouls at one point were 10-2 or so in second half in favor of bryant. So in came the cavalry, aka starters.

McCollum re-entered the game with about 7:30 left in the second half – after sitting about 2:40 – when the lead got cut to 16. A minute later it was down to its low point of 14. CJ went out again at 1:47 with the lead back up to 20.

Yes, foul situation was not good in the second half. Bryant in bonus at the 12:37 mark and in the double bonus with 8:30 left. Bryant had three fouls at both those points.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.