Can't wait.

This topic contains 36 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Miller 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    travism
    travism
    Participant

Alright guys. I dunno about u but I am so ready for tonight. Can’t wait. Ha. I had high hopes for this year. But the last few months have me concerned. Miles leaving was a bad loss, but the killer was then losing Brandon. I also hope holba is back soon. Depth depth depth is what I keep saying. I don’t know if we have it. Who’s coming in to spell good mins for are two bigs. I’m no scout or anything but I haven’t seen anything special in Jenkins, Jon Ross,or carter. I know pt was limited with them but I just don’t see it. We have to pray Timmy and goldy don’t get in tons of foul trouble this year. It would also be nice with chuku size and ability he try and grab more rebounds and also work on some post moves rather then standing behind the 3 point line every possession. I know that’s who he is but so frustrating at times.

travism
    travism
    Participant

The thing is with Timmy and Ross we have a shot every night. I think Ross takes another step this year. I hope we stay in this game tonight. I don’t expect a w. But would really like to see us stay in it and play great d.

toddcudd
    Participant

My stomach is in knots. I feel like I’m playing tonight! Foul trouble is a major concern, especially with new officiating focus on “free movement” and cleaning up physical play.
    I’m always excited at the beginning of the season and before big OOC games. But this one has a little “extra”, for me. Some of that comes from high hopes for the season – but the fact that my wife went to ‘cuse certainly contributes too!

lehigh90
    Participant

From courtside….

Sedore, Holba in suits. Sedore is long. JRG has some hops. Big hops. No sign of Brett yet. TK, AP and KR look quietly confident.

toddcudd
    Participant

Enjoy, 90! Very jealous!

Others, who aren’t there – chat room is open: https://chatstep.com

i miskeyed the room name this time – “Lehigh Sporrs”
    pick your nickname
    pw = “goblet”

lehigh90
    Participant

KL first guard off. Looks terrified. Cuse zone is tough with 30 clock.

toddcudd
    Participant

I think KL looks OK. We were very under-prepared for the long-armed 2-3 zone. Stuck up top, every time.
    All things considered, doing OK. Winnable.

lehigh90
    Participant

TK having terrible half. Not athletic enough. KL looks ok. If DC, JRG and TJ have to play a lot of minutes, it’s going to be tough. KR can’t penetrate.

toddcudd
    Participant

D is very, very good. Totally unprepared for ‘cuse 2-3 on offense, however. For the season, I like what I see from TJ and KL.

lehigh90
    Participant

Our D is awful. Somebody recognize a shooter. Wide open 3’s all half.

toddcudd
    Participant

Wrong. D was very good, and quick. Haven’t looked at box, but I think d-board were very good too. ‘Cuse at 32 in a half? Well done.
    O has been an embarrassment. Like we had no idea what to do against that zone. To be fair, I don’t know what you should do against that zone – but dribbling around the arc is not the answer. Had no idea how to pass through it either – turnovers speak for themselves.
    Trying not to get too worked up, some positives in KL and TJ. Shameful prep from coaches.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Turnovers are killing us

toddcudd
    Participant

Lack of preparation for zone D is destroying us. I asked the damn question, 2 weeks ago!!!

toddcudd
    Participant

Very happy with DC and KL.

toddcudd
    Participant

So we probably have a good season ahead of us, D was awesome. The new guys did just fine – DC and KL were both significantly better than CS1 at the open spot.
    Coaching was a damn mess. We had to wait till 2nd half to figure out what to do vs. zone? We could have been in this game with preparation. Almost were, anyway.
    Season still looks good in-conference. I’m worried about OOC.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.