CSJ: Lehigh picked at No. 4

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football CSJ: Lehigh picked at No. 4

This topic contains 39 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

LehighGuy
    Participant

we sure do have ALOT of rovers. i thought the Butler kid played well this spring at rover. i know lambert and Barrett will be back at those positions as well. Didnt see leaks start at corner, they had Mongomery starting along with jones. 2 new corners if that basically holds up, with redmond/polanis n mccoslkey at safety. i prefer redmond after seeing him spring game. you think lambert will take one of those safety spots???

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Pretty sure he will. Lambert’s best talents are going forward not backpedaling and he’s an excellent tackler. Thought he a Barret would split at Rover. Add Walker into the mix at Rover. I like Q and Kareem at CB. We also get back Harris and Gies. I wondew if they will move Leaks to Q’s spot or have him rotate at CB. Would be surprised of he’s not starting somewhere. Can Redmond cover at FS do you think?

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I’m with our Owl friend.

O should be stellar.

If D plays like last year and LU finishes a distant second or worse (or loses to LC) with a three-year starting QB (a stellar guy pushing him and an O that should be unstoppable barring injuries), AC could be gone. After all, he’d ultimately be responsible for not fixing the D since Kotulski left.

Sterrett has given AC lots of latitude. I like AC, so I hope it works out well.

objective observer
    Participant

Defensive front is bigger and faster than last two years depth is hurting d line injuries will be devastating the d line needs to get a push up field and
    Create lanes for the linebackers

The linebackers need to be consistent and hungry they are the key I really like Caslow and ripanti and if I am not mistaken Kauffman is back

The d backs can not give up the big play keep receivers in FRONT of them and play the man not the ball look for pass first!

D needs to play with emotion more 3 and outs turnovers and big plays

The players are there they need to step up and get hungry

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

oo
    Kaufman should be in the rotation at ILB.Dont forget Buskirk on the OLB. He is a force. Dont think DL depth is that bad. Caveness and Lynn at DT Johnson and Morrow at DE Mitchell and Kaufman at NG. Note he was scout team DPOY. Nace and Prendergast should help. We need Mitchell to stay healthy this yDonDont want to recall how many times we have been optimistic about D going into preseason. We do seem to have all the pieces.

objective observer
    Participant

caveness is playing nose guard to block up the middle against the run

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

TC switched to NG? Lynn TC and Johnson not a bad front. Fast and certainly big enough.

objective observer
    Participant

yes – he played ng during the spring game
    I understand Mitchell was injured- but he is playing NG at this time

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I’d be surprised if that was permanent. It would be great if it works. TC very athletic and fast for guy his size. Sure can eat space but I wonder about his upper body strength.we’ll see.

objective observer
    Participant

heard he really worked on everything in the offseason
    stayed on campus- went to workouts

at this point and time heard he is a nice 275 – upper body strength will not be a problem- trust me

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Thanks oo. Very good news.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Agreed. Sounds like a winning D lineup. Then again, you win the game on the field.

wilsonfootball2
    wilsonfootball2
    Participant

Any news on the Freshmen coming in? Did any of them come to School early? Maybe take a class, just come to workout or learn the system? Any with potential to start or get some play time?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dont know. Perhaps one of the other LV posters may have info. Think Nace and Prendergast on DL may see the field. Both top rated recruits. Puhl appears to be top recruit on O. A lot of guys in front of him tho. Absent injuries dont think many will make an impact on O or D. ST perhaps. We return a lot of talent returning.
    It would be great if one of the frosh Ks turns out to be a good punter.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by RichH RichH.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Rich….I thought butler played well at rover and was very physical this spring, took advantage of opportunities. you didnt mention him at all. I figured lambert more of a rover than safety with his size.i heard leaks was just in the doghouse this spring and expect him back at corner. i think redmond can cover at fs since he was a cb and played well when giving the opportunities. i guess everything will shape itself out, i hope they put the best kids back there. the Dbs IMO are the weakest link on the D, need some fresh blood.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.