First Guard Off the Bench?

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball First Guard Off the Bench?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  lehigh90 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

toddcudd
    Participant

Wow. That “8” was pretty shocking to see in print – I had to count for myself. And SBum is right-on, of course. That’s more than a little scary. To me that means KL has to be ready – no choice.

lehigh90
    Participant

WOW!! We are in a world of hurt if KL “isn’t ready”. Now, we become thin in frontcourt and backcourt. Who is the ballhandler when KR not on the floor? TJ, who didn’t play really at all last season? KR going to be getting 35+ minutes a night.

We are basically relying on a bunch of guys to play decent minutes, with absolutely no track record.

DC
    TJ
    JRG
    Etc.

This is shaping up to be a real problem. If we get an injury to one of our 3 bigs, or KR, we are done. Currently, I see 6 legit players that are healthy (3 in frontcourt and 3 in the backcourt, and DC is a reach 6th).

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Completely right 90. Getting a little nervous for the season. Don’t like the way this is shaping up with all the injuries (and Miles’ transfer) and these super high expectations. All the previews talk about how much we return, but when you factor in Miles’ transfer and Alston’s ACL there is no bench experience at all. Plus a tough OOC schedule.

Jenkins, DC, and KL are all practically complete unknowns. Unless there are some surprises (Holba returns early and contributes in a big way, Jenkins or Carter make a huge jump), it’s going to be VERY hard to meet these expectations.

Huge opportunities are there for a number of guys, and I hope they are able to step up and contribute to keep this teams’ goals within reach.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Pondering. What are the odds BA actually comes back next year?

toddcudd
    Participant

There was a rumor here on the board that he might not – but I’m choosing to disregard that. I’ll wait for evidence; he seems to have support from the team and staff.
    That said, I’m still really hoping we can snag a 2-guard in the ’16 class. We need one.
    The name I can’t shake is Shawn Montague. He has a nice offer/interest list, but seems to be invisible on the big rating sites. He’s a good-sized G/F (wing?), and still on the board. Of course I know nothing about his academics.

Montague

travism
    travism
    Participant

What would be reasons ba isn’t back. Would he maybe go to a div 2 school or something

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

No idea whether he will or wont. Not sure but since he is sitting out yhis year ,he could transfer to a D 1 without sitting out.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Is Brandon traveling with team or anything this year

TMH
    Participant

travism,
    Word has it that he took a year away from school. Not enrolled at the moment.

Engineer86
    Participant

Wow are we thin. KL did not look ready. Jenkins barely saw they floor when I was watching. JG seemed to be limited by injury, need him back. JRG time was limited. It seemed like an iron 5 as I watched intermittently. With MH I see a much shorter rotation than in the past.

lehigh90
    Participant

Everybody played but the new walk on. But, minutes were light for some.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.