First Half Holy Cross

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football First Half Holy Cross

This topic contains 43 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

lol,true.

Miller
    Participant

I know Pelletier left the field after that high hit,but came back to the sideline and watched the end. Almost thought concussion, but haven’t heard much…..any word?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Was at Sunday study hall ,feeling OK. Also took some fan fotos on Sun. No indication of anything serious.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Still dont like that cobbler did that. Lost all credibility. To put that kids name out there and his dad, very irresponsible. Especially going off a hunch. Not cool at all. Thanks admin for deleting that! Kudos!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by  LehighGuy.
    ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Sorry to see the discussion deteriorated on here. Been too busy the past few days. But there is a huge difference between objective criticism and nasty and subjective comments. These are Patriot League students who are not to be confused with those attending the factories in the SEC. Keep in mind, your comments are viewed by everyone–including the students. So if you want to really demoralize a team it is not hard. Finally, there is not “freedom of speech” on such a website. This is a private creation and the administration has rules. The Government has no role in this. The First Amendment only applies to being free from Governmental restriction. I’m as disappointed in this season as anyone. After winning 40 games in four years, peoples’ expectations are raised. But every program, especially a this level, encountes bumps and down years. I see a lot to be optimistic about our future. A lot of young talent that gained a lot of education this year. Hopefully, they will put it to good use next year. But this year is not over, and finishing 4-7 (which we were before our great run) is a lot better than 2-9, and making those scumbags over in Easton cry on November 22 will be heartwarming for the winter! Go Lehigh!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Both of these games are winnable. Just need to play for all 60.

Buddy
    Participant

Rich,

Why Folmar will not run the FB is a mystery, we have 3rd and 2, 4th and 1 and we don’t run our 235 lb FB? I checked the stats and Crawford has not had a single touch all year, is it intentional? You would think only winning 2 games they would try something new? Another one is our TE Coyle, where is he? All league player and we never throw to him, another mystery? Lets hope we see some changes after the season.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Ke.ny just got back on the field last week. Agee tbo,he does not us FB or TE very much. For that matter Folmar does not use FB or Hback sets frequently. Issue at Cross was D stuffing the box stopping our runs. Why we tried 4 inside runs at the 2 puzzling. True that was more on OL but still why keep doing it? Buddy I dont know. As I’ve said ,dont know whether its the circumstances of Folmar.

Buddy
    Participant

Well maybe if Folmar tried to try something different it would be an admission that he was wrong all along? Egos can get in the way of doing the right thing, I would hope that Coach Cohen would step in and make things right?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Perhaps so,if that is the situation. Doubt we’ll ever know. Today,only relevant issue is getting better,more consistent,for last two games.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

In regards to the FB and TE, one of the more effective plays LU has used over the past decade plus, especially in the red zone, is the throw back pass to either the FB or TE. This should be a pass well within Shafnisky’s wheel house. Not sure why we haven’t tried this play at all this year.

Perhaps we’re saving this and most of the more imaginative plays for November 22. At this point, I am OK with that.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

lol,geez I hope you are right.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

I am puzzled about the lack of use of our FB as well. That goal line situation was ideal for a big bruising back. It looked like the TE was getting back into the mix at Georgetown, but abandoned at HC, unless not open or Nick didn’t see him. Finally, I have problems with running out of the shotgun up the middle. Gives the defense too much time to react–as they did with Sodeke. The radio announcers actually almost screamed “Touchdown” when he headed off tackle, “There’s a big hole, t—he’s hit” It closed that quickly. The OL made the crease, but we didn’t hit it quick enough. I am afraid this was a big “learning experience” for a lot of people this year. If they learned, we should have a good season next year….

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

“learning experience” ,well as good a description as any:)
    Question to me whose is it,team or Folmar?

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.