Game 12: Lafayette

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Game 12: Lafayette

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Bison137 Bison137 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

LU65
    Participant

Game Notes

LU’s

http://www.lehighsports.com/custompages/Game%20Notes/Men's%20Basketball/2015-16/23%20-%20Lehigh%20at%20Lafayette%20Notes%20020816.pdf

KenPom

LU (8-14, 6-5) ranked 219th and 6th in the PL
    @
    LC (5-17, 2-9) ranked 312th and 10th in the PL
    LU wins by 3 (79-76)

PL RPI

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/groupId/22

Finally, the League will be all-square after tonight’s
    game. Each of the 10 teams will have played 12 games. A Lehigh win will vault us into a 2nd place tie with: Navy, Colgate, Boston U., and Loyola. We’d all sport 7-5 records. A loss, evening our record at 6-6, would mean keep the Mountain Hawks in 6th place. Lafayette, on the other hand, can’t escape the 10th place cellar – win or lose.

lehigh90
    Participant

I know it is a rivalry game, and KenPom has it close, but I think this is a case of two teams moving in opposite directions. One on the way up, and the other on a real skid to even lower depths. Lehigh playing better basketball, Lafayette loser of 6 straight. I like Lehigh big tonight. Double digits.

van
    van
    Participant

hope for no letdown after the outstanding effort Saturday, beat those pussies

TMH
    Participant

Anything can happen. My best guess is that they will rotate guys in to make sure that TK gets no easy shots. We should dominate the paint. They will make our outside shooters beat them. If Lafayette is around 40% from the 3, we may be in real trouble. If we don’t shoor at least 35% from the 3, we may be in trouble.
    If AP scores double digits, we win. If he doesn’t we lose. How’s that for going out on a limb. No pressure AP. :-)

lehigh90
    Participant

Another nice game. Tight at times but stretched it out to 15 point win. Great scoring balance across the starting 5. I get in JC about his love for the 3, but he was awesome tonight. All around great game for Jesse and knocked down bunch of dagger 3’s. Gotta like the way this team is playing. Big test with Bucknell next.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Nice team win. This team is playing so much harder than they were six weeks ago. Bunch of nice individual performances from almost everyone who saw significant minutes. One of the better games I’ve seen JC play, and TK was absolutely dominant in stretches. AP and KR controlled the pace and did a great job scoring and distributing.

Lafayette is not very good but the effort/focus tonight from Lehigh was the most encouraging sign for Lehigh

LU15
    Participant

Probably the 1st win where the defense led us to victory!

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Liked the intensity in the second half. LU’s speed, quickness and aggressivenss really bothered the Leotards into a bunch of TO’s. A win in Lewisburg will really send a message.

toddcudd
    Participant

How ’bout those two Timmy blocks! Not seen that before – and I like it!!

travism
    travism
    Participant

What a game. Sat right behind bench. What a win. Hats off to chuuuuuukku. I’ll give him props. I am quite critical at times of him. But he really brings a lot to the table. Timmy great game. Those blocks were very nice. Great win. Ill be there wed

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

All 5 starters showed up again and played a whole game and D. We beat Pards everywhere and in their house. Swert night.

lehigh90
    Participant

Interesting that we now sit at 7-5 and KenPom predicts us to finish 9-9. So, he is predicting home wins vs. Lafayette and Holy Cross and away losses at Bucknell, Colgate, Army and Navy.

I think we win both of those home games and win a couple of those road games.

LU65
    Participant

Loved the comments of all above.

Just wish to add……….

How dominant was TK? Well, his first attempted field goal came at the 11:23 mark of the first half. Like what happened on 8 of his next 9 attempts throughout the remainder of the game, he made the bucket. All in all he was credit with: 22 points, 13 boards and 3 blocks. Makes you wonder why the delay in getting him the ball. Coach Reed must have thought the same and, when coupled with LC’s early scoring (lead pushed the lead to 7), used 3 – or was if 4 – of his allotted timeouts to right the ship half way through the opening period. Smart move by the coach that often gets bashed for his in-game management of the game.

A recent post on the Bucknell Board seems to say it all on the eve of our visit to Lewisburg:

“Bison will need to control Kempton somehow without leaving their shooters open.”

toddcudd
    Participant

…without leaving their shooters open.

This is the part that has been just amazing to me. Right now, our season-long 3pt% of 38.7 is good enough for #28 in D1. In PL play, we’re now at a BLISTERING 42.9%. If that were our season-long number, we’d be at #3 in the nation behind only Oklahoma and St. Mary’s. Wow!!

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

[quote=25362]Interesting that we now sit at 7-5 and KenPom predicts us to finish 9-9. So, he is predicting home wins vs. Lafayette and Holy Cross and away losses at Bucknell, Colgate, Army and Navy.

I think we win both of those home games and win a couple of those road games.

[/quote]

Pomeroy actually predicts 10-8, even though LU only is favored in two of the six games. To get a predicted total record, you have to add up the chance of winning each individual game. Summing the probabilities of the six games gives LU 3.06 wins and 2.94 losses for the last six.

Having said that, Pomeroy doesn’t look at current form – only at the whole year. LU clearly is playing a lot better in recent games. I expect no worse than 11-7.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Bison137 Bison137.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.