Holy Cross – Game #14

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Holy Cross – Game #14

This topic contains 38 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by van van 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

ccsmiles5
    Participant

If any team plays any other defense but zone against us the rest of the year they should fire the Coach on the spot.

Hawkineer2
    Participant

The $64 Question

At Lehigh: Which is worse?

Men’s basketball coaching
    Or
    Women’s basketball coaching

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

TK 10 shots
    15 TOs 12 steals
    We shot 29 %
    KR 3 assts 3 TOs
    I am no Bball expert. Can anyone explain wht TK didnt see the ball today?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Relevant question thus year. Have no idea.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

I flat out do not understand how a team can be this inconsistent. And regress this much during the year. Coaching……..veteran leadership……team chemistry. Don’t see a lot of any of this.

Regardless of how this team finishes the season, Reed and staff need to take a long look at the overall program. With the talent they’ve recruited (at least on paper), the results say something is really missing.

travism
    travism
    Participant

This recruiting here is a tad over rated if u ask me. I mean we don’t know totally what we have with matt and pat yet. But it kills me that we have to guys on this roster who lets but it politely. But they can’t play. They are practice bodies. Again I bring up we can’t find anyone else on campus capable of playing a few mins. I mean wolf and Davis bring nothing. As we have known.

travism
    travism
    Participant

No doubt the players have to catch heat for their performance. But I have been seeing the same old boring offense Reed runs for a few years now. Worked with a guy named cj here. Can anyone even tell me what kind of offense Reed is running? I don’t seem much of anything other then tim coming up setting a pick and then someone shoots a three.

hawktalker
    Participant

This team has been inconsistent. Plays well one game (Bucknell)…terrible the next (Holy Cross). I’d be more concerned if this had been a home game. Lehigh teams have laid eggs in Worcester for most of the last 20 years. They rarely win there going back to the Logie years at least

toddcudd
    Participant

Something looks really wrong with team chemistry, to me. That entire sequence when TK got the T was ugly. Interaction with coach, the team’s reaction (or lack thereof). I dunno – something just looks wrong. Fractured locker room?
    A few games ago the commentators were talking about lack of communication on D – like, none. It caught me ear at the time, but didn’t take it too seriously. You can’t tell on TV anyway, so no way to evaluate it. But after today’s spectacle, I’m growing suspicious. Something feels… unhealthy.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

Holba was a big school all-state first team in INDIANA… Hard to believe he suddenly can’t play. He did have the foot injury and maybe that has something to do with it.

But how many recruits actually have improved in their four years under this coaching staff? I can only think of one obvious positive example….. Maybe I’m just that upset about this under achieving year. Anyone else on this topic?

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I turned the game off when they were down 15. Not sure I’ve seen that kind of offensive performance since when our centers were 6-feet-6.

At halftime, Reed blamed the kids for delaying on passes and not trusting themselves under the pressure. Delays were not the only reasons for turnover.

Ultimately, it’s the coach’s job to get the kids up for the game. And he’s got to install an offensive scheme, and five men who execute it, that beats the zone.

TK was being double- and triple-teamed and not getting foul calls. I can see why he was pissed but … I saw very little leadership out there from anyone. No one seemed excited; they almost looked like deer in headlights … so little emotion.

Some guys look like they have a complete lack of confidence when it comes to shooting. Others fire away when they have no chance to get set.

Sad.

Lack of depth hurts, too.

Can’t believe I wasted almost two hours watching.

van
    van
    Participant

seems to me the way we attack the zone is to spend most of the clock trying to force it in to Tim, only to have him double or triple teamed with his back to the basket and if they don’t get it in someone takes a tough shot with less than 10 sec left

I AM NO bb EXPERT, BUT THIS DOES NOT SEEM LIKE A FORMULA FOR SUCCESS!

toddcudd
    Participant

Spot-on, van. If the opponent must double (or triple), that should be a positive. Something else opens up. We are completely unable to take advantage of it.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Tough shot with the ten secs left?? I wish they had the ball sometimes when ten seconds left on shot clock. This team jacks shots up ten secs into the clock. There is no offense here at Lehigh. We don’t move the ball. We don’t rotate guys around. It’s so boring. Oh and a side note. Not even saying we are good enough to be a top 4 seed. But if we do get four. Look who is creeping up to five. The cross. Another matchup and maybe Reed can make an adjustment after seeing this zone now five times in two years.

toddcudd
    Participant

It’s not just HC’s zone, either. Others have killed us with it. CBS guys said, at one point, “Lehigh’s zone offense is non-existent.” Ouch. And true.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.