Keeping An Eye On The Recruits

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Keeping An Eye On The Recruits

This topic contains 28 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  TMH 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

TMH
    Participant

Jack Lieb

Had 11 points and 5 Rbs in 13 minutes in his 1st game with Brewster. Went 3-4 from 3pt range.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/images/uploads/spire_brew.pdf

Jordan Cohen
    He’s now the man at Campbell Hall
    vs Long Beach Poly
    23 points 7 boards 5 assists

vs Mayfair
    26 points 8 boards 6 asists

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Could use these players now :)

ccsmiles5
    Participant

Great start for both players. On a side note: Love Prep schools team concept. Check out Brewsters box score: 94pts on 5 Assts. I don’t know if you tried a “team” could do that.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

[quote=24084]Great start for both players. On a side note: Love Prep schools team concept. Check out Brewsters box score: 94pts on 5 Assts. I don’t know if you tried a “team” could do that.[/quote]

Agree that the prep schools aren’t exactly known for sharing the ball and precision passing, but I would venture that 5 assists on 94 points is poor high school scorekeeping more than anything.

Thanks for starting this thread TMH.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Some positive tweets on both Cohen and Lieb by recruiting reporters so far this year as well.

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

Andree had 28 the other day in a win against Iona Prep including 22 in the first half on 6-8 from three. Some tweets mentioning him as the best shooter in the state of New Jersey. CBA plays Trenton today which should be another good test for Andree. Seems to be off to an excellent start to his sr year.

Jordan Cohen also put up a monster line back on 12/19 with 36 points, 10 boards, 6 assists, and 2 steals in a 3 point win over a team from Arizona.

Here is a quick highlight package featuring an interview with Cohen following a blowout loss to one of the best public schools in LA.

toddcudd
    Participant

And on that note, re: Andree…

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

I don’t know about the rest of his game, but from what I can gather – it seems like Andree’s shooting and general offensive game should translate to the next level pretty quickly.

Hope someone(s) out of Holba, Lieb, Sedore can compliment that with some toughness, rebounding, and D.

TMH
    Participant

I think we have our performance of the week

Pat Andree-Christian Brothers Academy

Pat scored 43 points tonight against Moses Brown (RI). Now consider this. I don’t think he played the 4th quarter and he had 32 at the half.

TMH
    Participant

lehigh90
    Participant

I’m pretty high on Andree from what I hear from local basketball people. As I mentioned before, most likely top shooter in the State of NJ. But, you can throw out some of these early games. Scoring 43 against Moses Brown is like scoring 43 against a solid 7th or 8th grade team. MB is tiny Quaker school in RI, with only 700 kids in grades 1-12. I think the competition has been light, so far. He scored 37 against Trenton, which is a decent squad, but not near a state power. Trenton lost to a solid parochial school (St. Augustine) by 30. Unfortunately, the Shore conference, Andree plays in, is not some of the better basketball in NJ. We will get a much better feel in February when the State Tourney begins and he will play against the best prep competition in NJ. The best schools in NJ are the parochial schools, so he will see them if his team advances. There has been a significant shift in NJ where all of the good players are recruited out of the public schools and all play parochial basketball.

TMH
    Participant

lehigh90,
    CBA played highly touted Don Bosco Prep in the Hoop Group Tip Off Tournement (their only loss). Andree scored 19 and was named his team’s MVP.
    Tomorrow, I believe they play St. Anthony’s. I think they may be OK too :-). I don’t think we need to wait until February.

TMH
    Participant

This is becoming a routine now….37 points tonight for Andree vs Marlboro including 19 free throws.

lehigh90
    Participant

Andree 3rd leading scorer in NJ. 27.8 per game.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Been to the last two emmaus boys games. Where Lehigh recruit pg David kachelries plays. He struggled vs parkland as did most of the team. Parkland is a power house. Had 22 vs Allen fri night. He’s only 5-11 but he has a great handle. Smart. Quick. Has a nice shot and also can get to the basket quite easily. I really hope Reed gets him in here. Reed and Fran were both at his game tue vs parkland. Also fellow parkland guy Kyle stout who already commuted to laf went off with 25. Kid can really shoot. Won’t be fun seeing him play us for four years

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.