Lehigh PL Tournament 2015

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Lehigh PL Tournament 2015

This topic contains 73 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  toddcudd 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author

toddcudd
    Participant

Props due to LFN too – he called “straight chalk” wins last night too.

LU65
    Participant

My bad. Sorry for forgetting our leader, LFN.
    What’s everyone’s call on the 4 games to be played tomorrow? Add your scores.

toddcudd
    Participant

American’s notes are up. I haven’t been able to find any news on the status of Panzer or Elcano. Elcano appeared in last 2 games – but VERY limited minutes; 1 min and 2 mins.

AU Game Notes

toddcudd
    Participant

So much for homecourt advantage. Sounds like weather is pretty bad up there. Shuttle bus from Taylor to Stabler isn’t running, and the pep band just announced that they won’t make it over.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Sparse crowd at best. Hope they’re loud. Surprised tho as snow pretty much over out there( not here).Enuf time to get Shuttle running. All set here to root our guys on.

van
    van
    Participant

sure can tell which team is mainly frosh and sophs, gut check time

van
    van
    Participant

on pace for 20 turnovers

toddcudd
    Participant

i’m not feeling well…

van
    van
    Participant

big choke tonight, but future is bright with this team

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

So much promise. So disappointing. Hawks did not deserve a win tonight. What is it with foul shooting?!! I really wonder how much it is practiced. There is a lot of talent on this team and next year “should” be the year.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Experience over youthful talent. The inconsistency just kills us. Another game we made close at the end only to lose. Better next year. Damn I hope so. Gotta hope girls snap out of their end season tailspin tomorrow.

toddcudd
    Participant

Terrible 3-point shooting, ugly turnovers. And if we made even a respectable FT%, it would have come down to the wire. Agree that we did not deserve that one.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

As a Philadelphia sports fan as well, I have learned that the future is bright or wait ’til next year often results in nothing but disappointment. It should be noted that Bucknell is equally young as well.

This team should not lose a home game as a 3 seed. Too many turnovers, especially on sloppy entrance passes to Kempton, and too many missed free throws and awful three point shooting. They had a chance to bury American early and just kept throwing the ball away. Very disappointing. Kempton is the only one who came to play tonight.

Championships on South Mountain are becoming fewer and far between.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Not quite as depressed,just frustrated. Doc still not a great game coach but players made the mistakes,sloppy passes,mindless D at crucial points,foul shooting ,after a couple of good games tanked as did 3pt. Next year expect we will be even more talented and a good bit more experienced. Still say Doc has to expand his offensive straregy to account for his team’s ability.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Let’s call this loss what it really was: unacceptable.

American thrives on lowering the numbers of possessions. What do we do? Turn over the ball in bushels. Isn’t that No. 1 on the markerboard when you play these guys?

Under no circumstances do you let them get loose from 3-point land. What do we do? We let them find a spark, which becomes a fire, which becomes a blaze. At least force them to need to go inside to get tough points! When it was clear Lehigh wasn’t going to play perimiter D, of course they were going to start raining.

We were hopelessly predictable going to the post moves. Too many times we would force it in to see it slapped away for a turnover.

Why are we going for home run 3 balls in transition when we could be feeding it to Goldy and TK? Putting some 2’s in the bank on a few of those possessions might have really paid dividends.

We need to expect to win 3 vs. 6 games at home. I could accept losing a game on Cottrell with the Raider shooters getting red-hot, or a team playing unconsciously to win. But American was playing their game, AND WE LET THEM. That’s unacceptable to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.