Monmouth

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Monmouth

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Buddy 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Good God, D atrocious. Very poor effort .Tackling non existent

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

7-7 Now Nick sacked and sacked again. Cohen getting beat. Great punt by Devine.D picking up a bit with pressure,As I say that a 40 yd pass play, Luck,hold penalty.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

MU driving. End 1st. LU has a long way to go to be even competitive. Depressing to watch

toddcudd
    Participant

On the upside, passing O looks better than I feared. And that’s even with a few bad drops.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Game not worth a post mortem. D is just bad. A chinese fire drill from top to bottom. Only way we win this year is to outscore everybody from now on. Unlikely.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Hard to imagine some of these kids played HS football, especially at winning programs. I can see getting beat athletically, but not mentally, and missing tackles as much as they do.

That leads to coaching, particularly on D. 12 men on the field after TO just before Monmouth final TD? Amazing. I did like how D took some more chances — not many more — today and played a little more pressed coverage.

Lots of positives on O despite what I counted as four dropped passes. O line, despite injuries, deserves at least a B. Sodeke and Shaf (a real gamer) As. Shaf doesn’t get hurt, this could have been a W or OT.

(I counted only four times where Zambelli blew names this week; that’s a B for him. He also missed the fact Timochenko replaced McHale for the Hail Mary on the last play of the game.)

Watching on TV, it was hard to tell how much Bourgeois was in there on D, but I did see at least one REAL, wrap up tackle from him; Kondas looked to be tackling well, too. But the number of missed tackles by the rest of the gang is hard to watch. What can be the explanation?

Defense gets a C- or D; they did have some good stops. I can’t find the stats yet, but did they give up 600 yards this week? Should be close.

And what’s with helmets coming off? Sodeke had to leave four times for this. And at one point McHale almost had to come out had they not called a TO.

What’s up with these FG teams, both of them? This is scholarship level FCS?

At least it was close and not a PL game.

Good news is we get to play Georgetown in PL play. That should be one of the few games we’ll be a favorite to win.

My comments probably make it look worse than it was. Better tackling, tighter pass coverage, fewer drops and this could have been a 35-14 Lehigh win.

The potential seems there — does everyone have the ability to step up? Or is it a physical issue? Small D-linemen, etc.?

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Just read your post, RichH. It probably was not worth a postmortem — I debated hitting the submit button after writing and rereading mine.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Good recap. Missed tackles well into double digits. And it was everybody. DL a bit better I guess but players are lost out there. That is coaching. No more from me. I would jyst be repeating posts from first three weeks.

van
    van
    Participant

don’t know what the answer is for the missed tackles, but on a positive note I thought the D line held their own today, maybe against a lesser O line however.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

A few of points.
    Andy Coen looked liked Andy Reid. The use of time outs was a mess. Why call a time out to decide to punt in what was an obvious punting situation? Take a 5 yard penalty and save the time out. They had a real problem getting the right players on the field. Once they had ten which led to a time out and once they had twelve which led to a killer penalty on the last drive. Get the ball back with over a minute to go before the half and run the ball up the middle twice. Then Andy says speed up after a completed pass. Incomplete pass and then takes a knee.

Shafnisky can’t be the primary ball carrier. Twenty-two carries from your QB, same as from your primary RB. Ridiculous! We knew that him getting dinged up was eventually going to happen. He doesn’t have the size to take the continually pounding. He is only a sophomore. Hope he survives to be a senior.

The first touchdown pass was pathetic. The “tackling” on that play looked like flag football. Leaks is very athletic but wants to tackle about as much as Deion Sanders.

Again, another undisciplined personnel foul penalty at the worst possible time from a senior. This continues to be e problem.

As I said last week, I wanted to see improvement. I didn’t see much today. Monmouth was clearly not as good as the previous three opponents. A very winnable game that we didn’t win.

They have six more games to get ready for 150. If not, 150 is going to be a repeat of 149 on national TV.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Caught a little of Pards on way home. Not much different than us BUT,Pard D tackles.
    A bit afraid our cycle has ended and we’re in for a series of frustrating yrs.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Same old D players, same old results. I can say we are young and will be much better next yr. Don’t agree with the down yes in the future. We have been in every game except UNH. Yale wasn’t a bad loss after all.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dont mind me LG. My almost built in paranoia when we go thru bad streaks.UNH only game we weren’t really in. It is very easy to slip back and very hard to climb back.
    My only take ( not endlessly repeating myself) is Andy best take care of Nick.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Watched some of Pards and Bisons tonight.

Could be long games — even though Leopards were going with second-string QB. D and RB Scheuermann (spelling) looked strong.

Same up-and-coming, athletic BU talent that destroyed us last year still around. Made some mistakes, but seemed to easily handle Cornell. CJ Williams ran for almost 200 yards.

Good news is we play Cornell. I may pick Lehigh to win that game … Big Red not impressive.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Gotta make use feel a little better. Link below shows we can play with at least one FBS team. Put Army back on the schedule!
    http://www.ncaa.com/game/football/fcs/2014/09/27/army-yale

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by sundayamqb sundayamqb.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.