New offer for '17

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball New offer for '17

This topic contains 125 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by StablerBum StablerBum 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Kachelries to NJIT verballed today.

travism
    travism
    Participant

Uhhhh I knew this would happen. I really wanted to see this kid at Lehigh for the next four years. Hell of a player. Missed out on this kid

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

I can understand a kid wanting to get out of town and be independent. Any other point guards being recruited that we don’t know about?

toddcudd
    Participant

[quote quote=27372]Any other point guards being recruited that we don’t know about?
    [/quote]

I’d really like to see us land Matt Beachler. The sites all have him listed as a 2 now, but I had him as a CG. I think we’re OK for pure point, but a really good 2 who can handle would be great. Challenging offer list, but not out of reach.

toddcudd
    Participant

Ratfarts! I jinxed it, I think. Beachler to central Michigan.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Doubt that. But I love “Ratfarts”.
    Official notice I am adding that to my Dagnabit lexicon. :-)

lehigh90
    Participant

I know we are all clearly biased, but I don’t know how any recruit could pick NJIT over Lehigh for basketball.

I went to see Lehigh at NJIT a number of years ago, and the game was memorable for a couple reasons. Michael Ojo went off for 30+ points, if memory serves. Best game I ever saw him have. Second, the gym and game experience were laughable at NJIT. It is literally a middle school gym and there were 50 people in attendance. I know Stabler has some small crowds, but this was unreal. At that time, NJIT was playing in a ridiculous conference (The Great West) against schools I had never even heard of (Houston Baptist, Utah Valley State, Chicago State, and Texas Pan-American), although now they have moved to the Atlantic Sun. I couldn’t believe this team travelled that far to play basketball. Now, in the Atlantic Sun, every trip they make is to Florida, Georgia, SC and TN. Not exactly a program built on fierce rivalries. Campus wise, not close. Newark isn’t exactly a great college town, and you really can’t compare the campus experience/life. I would guess most of the enrollment commutes. I wasn’t real comfortable parking my car and walking to the gym. Perhaps, you want to study engineering or something technical, well, again, the academics aren’t close.

I can understand a couple of things. Maybe, instant playing time, and maybe you want to get away from home a bit. But, there have to be better choices than NJIT. If we lose one recruit there, we need to really look at our recruiting.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Perhaps. Their program not as hapless as earlier. Some indication that his SATs dropped. He may no longer be admissible at Lehigh. Rumor or fact? No idea.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

An official visit
    Myles Johson C Long Beach Poly Cal.
    Depending on which site you view he is
    6’6 215
    6’7 245
    6’9,245
    One offer Yale. He lived his visit no mention of an offer.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

ESPN says he a 3* center…. at 6’6″? Huh ? Apparently he was injured and did not play his junior year, explaining the lack of offers. Here’s a bit more: https://theleftbench.com/blog/2016/03/21/myles-johnson-a-standout-on-the-court-and-in-the-classroom/

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

My guess 6’6 wasvhis height going into Jr year before injury. An academuc kid who wants to ne an engineer. Will Doc take another bug for next year. Assuming he is a big ;)

toddcudd
    Participant

Made a bunch of updates to the list – largely commits elsewhere. I still need to catch up on additions from here, but here’s what we’ve got right now.

2017 Hoops List

travism
    travism
    Participant

I doubt sat scores had anything to do with it. I really think he wanted to play right away. Some consider him a top pg in the state. I don’t know who we all have coming in but I do know there were probably a few kids ahead of him. I go to tons of his games and seen Reed and staff there. I was really hoping we would land him. Exactly what we need. Plus he’s a good kid

travism
    travism
    Participant

I wish Lehigh did look at area kids more often. I know we have iorio on the radar and had David. Kyle stout went to laf. He is a dead on shooter. He is going to be a problem the next few years.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Pards have offered Stout from what I saw on their board.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.