OMG

This topic contains 27 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

This defense is beyond bad. 1st and 31 and still couldn’t get off the field. They can’t tackle but worst they seem to be constantly out of position. It is going to be a really loooong year. How demoralizing is this to the offense?

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

I never leave the bandwagon. But the bandwagon ain’t goin’ anywhere this year. 150th will be a wonderful, memorable social occasion. And the wife and I have never been to the house that Ruth built, or the house that Jeter built. On the field however, the potential for a colossal cluster —-.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Yes the D is pathetic. 54- 43 and Yale has ball with 7 min left.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Worst D I have see and I’ve seen quite a few. Couldn’t hold a 21 pt lead. DL anemic compounded with so many missed assignments. Missed chances on O but no blame to them for this horror. Have to wonder what coaches are doing. Cannot all be inexperience. D has gotten worse each week. I am at a complete loss to understand.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

I hope that will be serving beer at Yankee Stadium. Getting through another debacle in a drunk stupor may be the secret to surviving November 22.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Agree large amts of alcohol will be necessary. A win there is only way to save any face this year.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Fear its us and GU fighting for last place.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

I have to believe we have athletes that can stop a run to the outside. Last week, it was Vailas. This week, it was Varga, who simply got a 3 yard swing pass and made it into an 8 yard first down to ice the game.

Then, our D gave up, giving up a 50 yard run, with the refs kindly denying Yale their final TD and denying Yale the chance to put up 60 on us.

A thoroughly embarrassing afternoon for Lehigh on defense. I wonder what Bucknell, Fordham, and Lafayette are thinking watching our scoreline.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Can we try the young guys now? Maybe their hunger and excitement for playing will be the spark for the D. And I seriously hope we don’t have the best guys on the field, if we do then the future is bleak. The freshman and sophs can’t do any worse.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

Yum, Yum, that’s what they’re thinking.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

Don’t we have some 280 -300 lb freshman or sophomore we can stick in the middle of the D-line? Heck, convert an offensive lineman. I don’t even care if he can tackle or move. Let him eat up some blockers.

Sometime soon the definition of insanity will be used to describe the defensive coaching staff.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Our ineptness on D,one of two things,kids aren’t learning assignments or coaches have failed to effectively teach them. This week DL anemic but most pts came off missed assignments elsewhere. A true cluster fuck. Im gonna guess we’ll be last in FCS in D next week. A shame for us and players on O. It is not lack of athletic ability. Anyway,mught as well play more young guys,LG right abouf that it cant get much worse.
    Monmouth gonna be a joke.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

We do hawkineer. Home game next week,play them all.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

Any good feelings about this season is likely going to come down to somehow beating Lafayette. The focus for the remainder of this season needs to be on that one task. If playing the young guys now gives us a better chance to do that then, DO IT!

I don’t really care about wins and losses at this point. However, seeing game to game improvement is imperative and will ultimately tell us all a lot about this coaching staff. So far, the defensive guys are not getting passing grades, especially based on the regression that we’ve seen through the first three games.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

I missed the game; just catching up.

So D is rotten. Can offense be perfect enough to put 55 points on the board week after week to run the Patriot League? (B&W said LU had a TD and INT called back on penalties.)

How bad are the LU injuries? Anyone know?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.