Penn

This topic contains 35 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  LehighGuy 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Game notes up.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

`Of note
    Harvey ar R and Busjitk at OLB. WE’ll see if rgey actually use R this week more than straight nickel.

van
    van
    Participant

after getting run over last week, I sure hope the nickel stays in the bank

marco
    marco
    Participant

(Sigh) another team runs wild against the “defense”. Isn’t anyone embarrassed by this? It’s three years and counting….

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Penn does not have a RB to match either MU or Nova. They do have a better QB than either. Penn does not have a D comparable to Nova.
    The key I think for Lehigh is to improve again. We must be a better team to get this win. Game speed will give us a marked edge early we have to capitalize on that.
    Like most of our OOC opponents Penn likely will have more talent. We have to be the better team. Penn favorby 10.

van
    van
    Participant

watched some of last years game, Penn QB has a strong arm and a quick release, their RB runs hard and was effective, they blitzed a lot on D and we took advantage of that, our run game was very effective against them last year and Crawford got quite a few reps last year

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

One caveat for D 2 deep is that it is the same as it has been in prior weeks. My comment was merely hopeful for some imagintive aggressiveness on D. Penn is not as good as Penn but but we have to be better than we were at Nova to get this win.

van
    van
    Participant

hey, we’ve had the ball late in the 4th quarter of both games, just gotta learn how to win the close one’s, could be 2-0 with just a bit more execution

I think we beat Penn

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote quote=28110]hey, we’ve had the ball late in the 4th quarter of both games, just gotta learn how to win the close one’s, could be 2-0 with just a bit more execution

I think we beat Penn

[/quote]
    Yup. Relearn how to win. Agree.We can get this win.

CHIP72
    Participant

The big advantage Lehigh has in this game is it will be Penn’s opener.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Presser interview with Harvey. Remarked that he has mostedly played at OLB since D has mostly usdd nickel. Penn returns WRs RB and QB but only 2 OL. Expect more passing than either MU or Nova. Watson WR may be the best we see this year.
    Guess a lot of nickel again hopefully with more pressure on Torgerson.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Great article by Joyce on Dom this morning. About the only sustantive info from presser. No word on injuries altho Sasha is listed on 2 deep.
    Vegas line at 9 1/2.
    Most predictions and write ups I’ve seen have Penn walloping us down in Philly. Perhaps. Key to me is D getting stops and getting off the field. The first pass attack we have faced. How will 2ndary standup? IMO, if we dont get much better pressure up front Penn will carve us up. Botts needs to open up the playbook for all those new blitz packages he installed and we have yet to see.
    Pretty sure we will score enuf. Will D keep us in range.
    Groller also has an article and video with Harvey.
    The theme from Priore We remember last year.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by RichH RichH.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

On a somewhat more promising note zi note that Penn lost 6 starters on D including Drake at ILB, leading tackler, and the entire DL.
    O not guite as rosy. Penn returns all WRs,RB and. QB. Must replace 3 OL.
    Penn 7-3 last year with a number of come from behind wins in conference. Not much to kang oyr hat on but D wasn’t that good last year.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by RichH RichH.
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Preview up on site. Andy’s takeaway was that we were better but we have to learn how to close out games which we failed to do so far. Nice sidebar with Dom. Worth a look.

buck
    Participant

Lehigh has a full scholarship team, Penn has none. Losing would be the tipping point on the Andy / Sterrett love affair.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by  buck.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.