Scrimmage at 2:00,

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Scrimmage at 2:00,

This topic contains 85 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  TMH 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Photo day in the AM.

van
    van
    Participant

hope someone is reporting.

toddcudd
    Participant

100 “forum credits” to anyone who can attend and share on Periscope!!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

todd,
    Who in their right mind is going to bring a submarine to Goodman? Hehehehe..

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Going to see if I can convince the fam to take a trip today. We’ll see.

And todd, put that “forum credits” idea in the Suggestion Box :)

toddcudd
    Participant

Ha! I have absolutely no vision for how the mythical forum credits would work or their “value”, but that doesn’t stop me from trying to bribe board-mates!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well photo day a win :) Lots of great pictures.
    One question has been answered for now . Both Laub and Mortow on DL.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Roster now at 90 with 2 WOs and 19 seniors.
    Brad Smith ,our first ***recruit still rail thin. I look at him and Lynn and I marvel. Lynn also looks slender but he weighs 290.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well hoping for some eyewitness comments.Got one text from a Dad at scrimmage about the Bs.He commented that they were for real.Fast and very hard to bring down. He also noted that we have a very different Shaf this year. Same moves and ays but at a higher level.
    For me wonder if some of this is due to our D. From twitter,seems D had a number of individual standouts but unit still needs work. DJ and Redmond were noted repeatedly for plays. D did force TOs.
    The tenor this year vastly different than last couple of years. Only first scrimmage but a definite upturn from last year.

TMH
    Participant

I wonder how the kickers looked. That is the only facet of an intra-squad scrimmage that makes me feel good as a fan. Did the Killer Bs look good because they are or did our defense do a bad job bringing them down? Did Nick look better because our secondary is weak or is he really better? Was coverage tight or are our WRs unable to break free?
    I guess we will not know until the first time we lace them up against another opponent.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

True enuf. Absent video,hard to really decide. Refuse to deflate the balloon tho. I’ll go with a healthy Nick and the Bs.Healthy Knott,active Pelletier. Hope Kelsey gets better soon. From Andy appears Kee banged up again,probably done. On D Redmond,the coverted RB was a difference maker.See Roberts going with Mitchell at NG and Caveness at DT. Smart move.
    Next scrimmage on Tuesday.

TMH
    Participant

Rich,
    Can you educate me? I was always under the impression that you use a NG when playing a 3-4 and DTs when playing a 4-3 defense in somewhat of a end/nose guard/end or end/tackle/tackle/end.
    Are we expected to play a 3-3-5 this year?

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

If you want to judge from last year, Bs Leigh and Nana looked good in scrimmages, too. Maybe that means we can’t tackle again, though it did sound like D forced some turnovers.

LU has summary up.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

On a Three its DT NG DE. Botts has Lambert up now rather in a high 2,qhuch is more of a cover spot. Lambert’s strength is going forward fast and tackling. Looks like he has a DB,Redmond rotating into mid and deep coverage.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well as TMH pointed out sunday,we really cant tell without video. Nana a straight ahead power back. Great lower body strength. 20 lbs heavier he could be a force.
    My guess is D not near a finished unit yet. New scheme lets guys emphasize athletic ability over a read and react. A lot of good individual D plays with TOs. That alone is miles ahead of anywhere we were last year. Andy while praising OL noted that they gave up too many sacks. A lot of good and not so good,which alone is better.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.