Spring Game thoughts…….

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Spring Game thoughts…….

This topic contains 32 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  TMH 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

LehighGuy
    Participant

So what happen to Siegenthaler???? Sad he didnt really get to play for LU, i was really high on the kid and thought he was a good athlete. Redmond at S? A good CB is hard to find, train a kid for 2 yrs at CB and then switch him? i thought the kid did well when giving the opportunity. So i see from the article Leaks and Jones are now the 2 corners. Leaks 3 yrs starter….SMH. So from the game, who are the starting DBs???????

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Damifino. Leaks is the one certain. Thought Montgomery would gat the other side. Jones is a CB moved to S so have no problem with putting him back there.McCloskey and Redmond. 2 small Ss? Sam has bulked up as has Redmond but it will be hell to pay against tall WRs.
    At least staff is moving guys around now seeking best fits.

TMH
    Participant

Damifino….good speed, can cover for short periods of time but needs work tackling. Great kid though. I like him a lot.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LMAO. Thanks. Not sure if he is a WO tho.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Who are you refering to TMH??? I seen Montgomery in person and he is SMALL with short arms, i guess hes not ready? didnt jones do well at safety, i cant remember. ALL the starting Dbs from last yr struggled. Leaks has done everything possible to lose his job…sad nobody else gets a chance like hes THAT good. I think Redmond is one of the biggest Dbs we have besides Lambert and Butler who are rovers. Everytime we have a scrimmage Redmonds name gets brought up, the staff should find somewhere for the kid to play on a D that needs playmakers. Disappointed i havent heard anything about Mccain the LB, i thought he was a steal when he signed.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

“Damifino” =Damned if I know.
    Cant argue about Leaks. Gambler. He must learn when to gamble. Agree Jones good at S. Botts must be looking for better CB play. Montgomery short but can cover. Harris tallest DB.
    Hobbie was a freelancing MLB in HS. Tough transition upbto D 1. He and Kaufman look to be at 2 at ILBs. Perhaps Coffman also. Key this year is the same as it has been for the last 3 years. Front 7 has to get pressure and control LOS on runs. Course wont mean much if we dont tackle.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

It appears that Siegenthaler may havevtransferred. No longer listed as a student.But, he is still active on Facebook and as of 2 weeks ago he was at school. Guess he just quit 🏈 or academics.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by RichH RichH.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Personally I really, really like QJ and Leaks on the corners. QJ absolutely has the speed to play at corner and I still love Leaks’ upside. One of Leaks’ season goals has to be all-Patriot League and I think it’s very achievable for him. If the rest of the league wants to try to pick on Leaks, personally I welcome that.

McCloskey proved last year that he’s a Division I safety, which left one space in the secondary where people might be battling for a starting spot. Raye-Redmond in the spring seemed to me to do a good job stepping up, so it seems like he’s going to be on the two-deep at least in August.

Nobody’s guaranteed a spot until camp breaks in August but I think it looks pretty good back there.

LehighGuy
    Participant

LOL lfnadmin, leaks upside??? shouldnt we have seen that by now, he is a sr! QJ was as cb starting out, why switch him back now? They basically switched him and redmond. do they think one is better at the other position? Mccloskey gets a pass since he was a freshman last yr, missed ALOT of tackles and was forced into action. he can only get better. the geis kid should be back in the fall, cant remember if he played S or cb. the rover position is set with the 2 seniors coming back in the fall. looked like the polanis kid got alot of reps a S as well, didnt do much. LB core should be solid. losing TJ hurts. any freshman expected to make a impact on D???? the O is pretty set.

van
    van
    Participant

seems unlikely that any frosh will make an impact on D other than special teams, Nace comes from a really strong program in FL and might be able to help DL and Weir looks like an early contributor but the LB corp seems pretty set, but there is always the opportunity for surprises

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Think van is right. Nace and perhaps Prendergast. Weir big and fast. Woetzel and Seighman at S. Hopefully at least 1 of them stays at S given And’s love of moving guys forward.Expect we’ll see a lot of these guys on STs.

LehighGuy
    Participant

just to comment on what someone said about the size of our safeties. just checked pitt and penn state roster, our guys are actually the same size or bigger. the CBs are same size as well. the LB core is also comparable. i know people got on Caslow size, but he fits the mold for those BCS programs. We dont have any 300lb guys in the trenches, but for FCS, theyre big enough. I guess we have a nice size D, coaches just have to figure out how to use them.

LehighGuy
    Participant

i also see them putting weight on Sieghman with that 6’4 frame and making him a LB. woetzal was recruited as a rover. i can see one of the DL getting snaps with TJ leaving. What about Puhl, the steal of the class for LU if his offer list was correct.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Good point LG. Still an issue vs tall WRs whether its FBS or FCS. Do agree we are betteroff putting our best DBs on the field regardless of height. Just wish one of our best was over 6′. Andy noted often last season that the young guys pressed into service were simply not strong enuf. Sam didn’t miss many tackles he just wasn’t strong enuf to finish all of them. Dont expect that will be an issue this year.

Guardian14
    Participant

Maybe an incoming freshman steps up. O’Neil or Wilson? Big bodies with size. I’ve watched both films and O’Neil looks like he can hold his own…big hitter with size (6’1 205), speed, and can can hit. Wilson has good size, length and
    fluid…possible playing time at corner? Wouldn’t be awful to have a 6’3″ corner that can move.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.