UNH game notes

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football UNH game notes

This topic contains 43 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Duffy starting at OT,Nunes at 2. No other changes in 2 deep. Size gap about same as with JMU.Roster still not updated.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Really worried abut this game. I watched a couple of practices and the safeties really worry me. Got beat deep plenty of times. And wheres #14? UNH is gonna air it out and this might spell doom for Lehigh. JMU got behind our secondary PLENTY of times the QB just couldnt connect. Wheres the Siegenthaler kid, he plays safety. He didnt see many reps in practice. Wheres Kelsey and Redmond for kickoffs and returns. Coen was high on these guys in the camp season. They have to give these guys a chance. Have to put these kids and speed on the field. I noticed Jones got alot of reps, they could use him. The Dbs worry me, I wouldnt be shocked if UNH hung 40 to 50pts on Lehigh. The O has to score every time they touch the ball.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Right to be worried UNH favored by 17.5. The issue with Ss is not that they were getting beat deep. The problem is why. Again they had to play up for the run,the main reason why they had so many tackles. Fix run D and they can stay back.
    Kelsey’s hamstring injury has slowed his progress. Siegen thaler and Barrett both excellent athletes. Barrett in STs now. Both will play.
    UNH is #4 team in FCS. They have a depth of talent that no PL team has now. We will need 4 yrs of schollie recruits to come close. We dont have and never will have a raft of red shirt upperclass players. Even with that could we beat? Yup,we did it last yr with less. Will we? Not likely. Can we compete with them now? Yes.
    It takes a lot for a frosh to make 2 deep.Andy brings his players along gradually. Is it time to throw this season under the bus and just play fr and so schollie players? Geez, I hope not.

LehighGuy
    Participant

I understand why you say they got beat deep in the game, but practice, we talking about practice(Allen Iverson voice). Ive watched ALOT of practices, and this just didnt happen. I guess I just see the teams like Bucknell, Holy Cross and the rest of the league using ALOT of FR and Soph. and you can tell by the way they play and their teams are getting better and better INSTANTLY. Lehigh has SIX starters from they last 2 scholly classes, thats not good IMO. Lehigh can wait to play they kids if they want and in a yr or two will Lehigh have problems with alot of inexperienced jr and srs? Build for the future while competing and getting better today. Like I said the kids they throw out there cant do any worse. Change is going to come sooner than later i hope. Maybe this game will shake things up.

toddcudd
    Participant

Was UNH badly outmatched last week? An FBS team or something? I saw the other post about rankings, and their D numbers were even worse than ours last week. Are we looking at a 56-49 shootout?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LG,better athletes not necessarily better game players yet. Practice is not game speed action. Much depends on qujck correct decisions. As to other teams playing a lot if frosh,says more about lack of depth than that these kids were so much better. Again we all wat to see the immediate results of schollies. Realistically.we see that impact when we start to have schollie upperclassmen.
    todd,
    Toledo good MAC team. UNH still has same issues,no D.Their 4-2-5 scheme is a very effective run D usually but not great vs a good pass attack. Dint see us shutting them out,nor them us.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Always thought you earned your job in practice. If youre not getting it done in practice, chances are…..Will they post traveling squad, or do we just watch the game and try and figure it out? Like to see whos on the radar for possible PT.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A mystery to solve for us. Blank pad and pen and jot down #s not in 2 deep. Twitter also for those players on it.
    True enuf about practice. What is hard to glean from watching is grasp of coach’s scheme. Easy to see athletic ability.

TMH
    Participant

LehighGuy,
    Just wondering, do you attend practices regularly?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Have for decades. This yr not able to for various reasons. Last yr went to 2 . Most yrs able to get to at least a couple in Spring and summer. Its a bitch getting old :), but better than the alternative.:)

TMH
    Participant

Article on Yosha

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/09/lehigh_running_back_brandon_yo.html

I wasn’t aware that he needed an IV at halftime.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

The article in Call also quite good. Some here were making lught if cramping. Dehydration no joke and that he actually played in 2nd half and played well tells me a lot.

toddcudd
    Participant

Woo-hoo! Just discovered that my cable provider has an ASN station, and I get it. I’ll be able to watch on TV!
    Hope others here have similar luck! If you need to check, here’s a listing that was my starting point:

ASN Affiliates

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Congrats. On Dish,so I get game much to the chagrin of W,as she has to put up with my ranting and lousy mood if we lose.

TMH
    Participant

RichH,
    Not sure why but I suspect that your wife will have “to put up with my ranting and lousy mood if we lose” even if you didn’t have the dish. :-) teasing!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.