Yale game notes

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Yale game notes

This topic contains 39 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Duffy and Laub starters. Sansone for Knott. Suggs at SS. Robinson backing both S spots. Not particularly informative. Guess we’re adhering to Einstein’s motto.
    Perhaps a slightly less talented team may improve our D.
    Yale has Russell at WR and Varga at RB both excellent. A big edge for 1st half is 1st game for Yale.
    Want to send a crate of Stickum to Andy for our WRs.:)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

An interesting note on travel squad. Siegenthaler,Coffman and Timochenko made the trip also.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Siegenthaler is on kickoff team, not sure about Coffman, why take a 4th or 5th string QB? But no changes on the D besides for the injured #13. WOW…Lehigh is ranked #112 out of #113 teams in total D and still no changes…http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div

LehighGuy
    Participant
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A bit disappointed in 2 deep. Realize Botts focusing on errors by D rather than talent. Lots of missed tackles and assignments.I hope that he is right and more PT will improve performance. Yale does not have same team speed or ability as either JMU or UNH and its their first game with a new QB. That said Yale us not a walkover. We repeat same mistakes we will lose a winnable game. Reminds me eerily of Andy’s first couple of years.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

I kept looking for D.J. Bourgeois’ name on the two-deep, but I didn’t find it.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I would be surprised,given injury report after game.to see him play. Think we’ll see Bourgeois and Palma.

Miller
    Participant

Botts struggling for chemistry, plenty of talent,more than last season. This week we need some of the seniors to set the tempo on D. Time for senior captains Timmy and Isaiah need to bring it. Need one of the Ss to step up and call a good game in the backfield also. Control the tempo, win the time of possession on O, and convert just 50% on 3rd and Lehigh wins 31-17.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Noticed on 2nd viewing Botts did some mix and match w DL and LBs. Hope you’re right. If we dont find some help for Tim,everyone will double team him.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Andy saud today Wilmington and Knott out for the year with knee injuries. Tough luck for these guys. Wilmington a senior. Derek has yet to get thru a season without injury.

van
    van
    Participant

Looked at Eli game notes, wow, they are very young on D, hope that is good news for our O

On the other hand they are mostly upperclassmen on O including a Clemson transfer at QB, may not be good news for our D

noticed the record in game openers is pretty nice also, although padded in recent years with Hoyas

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Healthy Varga is going to be our problem. Would be nice if ee could cover Russell. No nothing about QB. Lots of frosh on D. Yale’s issue last yr was penaltis on O and no Varga or D. Not easy but winnable and almost a must for a winning season.

aman77
    Participant

Been watching some practice and saw that Pelletier has been getting more reps with the 1s (specifically in 0, 1, and 10 personnel). Hopefully, this is foreshadowing more PT for the week.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Great news. Thanks aman. Hopefully OC will open up O a tad and take some of the burden off Nick. We know we can run which is a good thing with our D. But,se also are in the position that right now we have to outscore to win.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Our D is the problem, not the O. they can move the ball effectively. Can one of the WORST D’s in the FCS stop anyone? If the QB for Yale has any kind of arm(which I imagine he does) and his wrs can catch, that makes for another loooonnnnnggg day for Lehigh.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.