#18 Cam Richardson Ath

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football #18 Cam Richardson Ath

This topic contains 43 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LG
    You are assuming Cam is a scholarship recruit. He may not be. A 2 time A’S playera good get no matter but a real accomplishment non schollie. We should be looking at a class near 30. Obvious even with partials not all of these recruits will be getting merit aid.
    Understand you want LU to aim higher with schollies. I think we have,looking at offers for so many of the kids we’ve been pursuing.

TMH
    Participant

Even if you capitalize it, it doesn’t make it right. He had interest from Maine and Albany. He only had one other offer (SH) and we had no idea about that one until he signed his LOI. So relax and enjoy the ride.
    In a recent discussion with a Lehigh coach (not football), I was told that there is a lot going on that the discussion boards have no idea about. We simply project. Let’s take your example. The young man going to Lafayette is undersized. His stats are certainly not eye-popping. His time in the 100 is also mediocre. So why offers from Kentucky, Cincinnati etc? He only played 8 games last year. Was there an injury involved? Did any of those schools pull back their offer? Several of the schools downgraded their interest to cool prior to his commitment. Frankly, I don’t know the answer to any of that. Neither do you.
    There are a lot of reasons why guys go under-recruited. If you play for a small school, you tend to get unnoticed. If you don’t market yourself well e.g camps and recruiting services, you tend to go unnoticed. If you play multiple sports and don’t have the time to devote yourself to just one, you can get unnoticed. IMHO, we did a nice job with a lot of “reach” recruits. We also did well recruiting kids that are well thought of in the football community based on A/S recognition. Yet, the jury will not decide for another 5 years on how well we or anyone else has done.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well said TMH. Another example. The prospect list I keep has 147 names. Far from compprehensive of all the players we recruit. Recall a coach explaining yo me that each yr he out with a list f almost 3000. Staff would winnow that to a couple of hundred of good players with the necessary acaddmics. Further all throughout recruiting the list would expand and contract daily. Simple fact is we dont know anywhete near the full story of LU recruiting.
    We track recruiting because all here are fans and for me its a challenge I enjoy. Relax a bit and relush the players we have gotten. Dont fret over the ones we do.t get. While I cant fathom why anyone would pick to go elsewhere :) simple truth is the vast majority of kids we recruit do go elsewhere.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Agree Rich. I doubt LU would waste a full scholly on a kid that doesnt have any offers. Im sure they saved those for the kids with other offers to compete. Maybe this kid is a walk on like Nana and the DB from Mass last yr. And TMH the kid had the offers, if they pulled them is irrelevant because he was good enough to get them. I doubt all seven schools that offered “pulled” the offer…LOL. Give LC credit, they shot for the stars and got a steal. If he wouldve landed at LU, you wouldve praised the offers he received and gushed like a baby. Not talk about his stats and mediocre times. I didnt talk about the Cam kid like you do this one. All recruits are a gamble, better to shoot for the “cant miss” kids than any others. As far as Pellatier, the article I read said he considered Albany,Maine and Sacred before picking LU. If he considered it, I imagine it was a option for him to go.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well you’re gettong there LG :). Still hung up on other school’s recruits. It’ll make you crazier than you already are :). We got a 3* QB they didn’t. We got a passle of top OL they got bupkis. So what. Concentrate on who we get and how they will or wont help our team. Still got 10-12 to ID.

TMH
    Participant

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140205/SPORTS22/140209519&template=mobileart

Note this article was written on signing day last year.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

And there are so many more kids just like him. Trick is finding them and signing the right ones. Or getting the right ones to sign :)

LehighGuy
    Participant

And my point is still the same TMH, he was WANTED by someone, had a offer.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

And we go back again to lack of published offers does not mean none exist. Why are you still beating this dru? Cam likely not a schollie. Bottom line we got an excellent player at no merit aid cost. Good for him and us.

van
    van
    Participant

I’m sure we are shooting high, but you also have to fill out the squad and LOI is not far away.

Miller
    Participant

Not sold on #18.Want to hear more about #8 and his last southern visit. Heart and desire mean as much as stars at our level. We have always done more with less. Now the bar has risen, and we will do the same if our new coaches can seal the deal. 1 more week………….PRAY

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

HEHEHE…praying,crossing fingers,lighting candles are all suggested conduct for the next couple of weeks. Bianchini would be a nice get. Strong possession WR. Like Brad,he played in the Blue Grey game,but the one in Texas.

TMH
    Participant

I had not heard Bianchini’s name before. Was he on campus? Apparently Ryslik has decided on a college but has not announced it yet.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yes,hus 2nd visit to LU. We have not had much luck getting or keeping Cal WRs,but he is a good one. Saw Ryslik did decide. A great get , given his offers,I would be surpried. Always loved surprises.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

I said when scholarships were “granted” that, in general, things weren’t going to change drastically. The addition of scholarships will hopefully allow Lehigh to sign 2-3 true difference makers that can maybe get them over the hump in the playoffs. At the end of the day, the Patriot League is still going to need the “overachievers” to fill out a full roster. I don’t think Lehigh, Colgate, Fordham, Lafayette etc. will ever have the depth of talent that’s at UNH, Villanova, SHSU, EWU.

Lehigh was able to produce a few Top 10 teams by recruiting a certain type of player. IMO, Richardson is that type of player. Tyler Ward is a guy who received very few, if any D1 offers and turned into be a legit FCS safety.

Almost every big time FBS program, especially those at Notre Dame, Penn State and Virginia Tech, get considerable contributions from true walk-ons. The moral of the story is you need the undersized, step-too-slow guys to win….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.