Bucknell

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Bucknell

This topic contains 73 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Neighbor 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author

LU15
    Participant

Georgetown beat the Pards! Todays a good day!

van
    van
    Participant

Kondos very stout in replacing Caslow, he has the size for a MLB, hope to see more of him in there

CBs had pretty tight coverage all day, maybe more an indication of weak WRs from Bison?

tackling was pretty solid all day, saw very few missed tackles, these are the fundamentals that have killed us all year

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yes. Unclear whether he will play again.

Miller
    Participant

great win, different looking team from helmet to toe.4 sacks and Shaf spreading the ball around was nice.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

Anyone know what prompted the helmet change? PL play?

Regardless, like them so much more than the plain gold ones. Unis were neat and clean. Please keep them.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

9 different receivers. Noticed that 22 fr and so played today

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

I like the gold. Guess they eere going for an all white look. :)

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Pretty sure the gold helmets might as well be buried in a landfill. Andy picked the right time to pull them out, that’s for sure.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Saved the white helmets for PL play. Kids been eager to where them. Wont see gold rest of yr

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

With Konda’s play in the middle, I wonder whether Caslow might be tried at rover? He is quick enough imo.
    Even though I was not there, watched through the Lehighsports.com portal, the team really seemed amped up. Lots of energy. Let’s hope this game makes them all realize they can still have a heck of a season by stepping up in two weeks. Brisker may be back by then. With Nana’s performance today, I can’t remember when we were this deep at RB. A lot of youngsters getting reps bodes well down the road if they stay healthy.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

As down as I have been on D coaching, game plan and execution was masterful. Without Carter and Williams Bison were mortal.

Anyone know why Carter was suspended?

I loved seeing fullback in there on O. Has OC been listening to us? 😄 Enjoyed the good mix of passing and running plays in second half.

Great seeing Nana get involved and kick tail.

Way more optimistic after today. Kondas great fill in. Loved WR Howard open field tackle on punt returner. Put him on D.

hawktalker
    Participant

Impressive performance on both sides of the ball.
    “D” was aggressive and tackled well.
    Shaf had a bad pick and almost a second one but spread the ball around to nine receivers and ran the read option to perfection. Offense had a nice balance between run and pass.
    Is Fordham beatable? May be. It would help if Edmonds would forget to show up at Jack Coffey Field in two weeks

NJLehighFan
    Participant

Agree that the use of many different weapons opened up the offense this week. Bucknell had TP covered with good defensive schemes. Obviously from watching film they knew he would be targeted 10-15 times in the game. Love to see many contributors to the success. Nana added a new dimension.
    Defense had me worried first drive that ended in a Bucknell TD. Thought we were in for a long day and then they stepped up big time.
    Defense getting QB sacks lead to stopped drives and punts. Weren’t many of those in Princeton or Yale games. Sending CB and LB blitzes was key to help the 3 man front.
    The boys were well prepared and they executed well with no mistakes. Was great to be out there on a beautiful day. Lehigh brought more fans to Lewisburg than Bucknell.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

My happy recap:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/10/lehigh-changes-helmets-and-changes.html

You know, too, what’s so heartening about the whole thing? They did it without their two top tacklers, Caslow and Githens! True freshmen, Sam McCloskey and Jake Buskirk, stepped right in and played like juniors. McCloskey in particular had a touchdown-saving stop on 1st and goal in the second half.

just a fan
    Participant

Yea we travel well. That was cool…
    Good game.

I want winners!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.