Bucknell

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Bucknell

This topic contains 73 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Neighbor 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • Author

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Rich must still be asleep. Two deep out vs. Bucknell.

http://lehighsports.com/custompages/Game%20Notes/Football/2015/Game%20six%20Lehigh%20at%20Bucknell%20101015.pdf

Caslow is listed on the two-deep.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Quick scan ,no changes. I note Stubbs has been cleared to play.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Not asleep :). Just doing a friend a favor.
    Key is how we control Cartdr on the outside and if Williams plays. BU has a good OL. Carter missed the first couple of games. He is most explosive WR in PL. D has been good but also has not been challenged. In reality ,we are the best O they will see up to now.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

I think it is unlikely Williams plays. He is listed on the depth chart – but Susan often lists players who are definitely out for the upcoming week. I think it is telling that for the first time they just added a freshman RB to the “two-deep”, giving them four RB’s on that list.

Agree about the D not having been tested a lot. One issue is that it is young – currently starting six sophs and one frosh. Top CB is out, as is the FS. May well have issues on pass defense.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Bison137 Bison137.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Bison137 Bison137.
    ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

To borrow a phrase from some politician, this game is “UUUUGE” for Lehigh. Sets the table for the rest of the season with a bye week and time to heal and plan for Fordham. Sort of like returning to the “scene of the crime” two years ago. Seems like that blowout in Lewisburg started the malaise we are currently struggling to get out. Perfect place to turn it around. GO LEHIGH!

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Caslow is listed on the two-deep, but I am keenly interested as to whether he is 100% for the Bucknell game. Again, Buskirk looks like he’s going to be a good LB for us, but I vastly prefer Caslow And Buskirk together 1-2.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Per Andy today Caslow and Rigaud OK to play. Both injuries lookedvworse than they were.
    Crucial game for us. Among all the other issues,need a W going into the bye week.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Yay for Caslow, Rigauld not so excited about…….Buskierk played well, was hoping to see more of him some more….use caslow as rover???? hes all over the field anyway, hes a SS playing MLB,maybe keep those OL off of him

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by  LehighGuy.

hawktalker
    Participant

Looking at Bucknell, they don’t score but they don’t give up many points either. Most of their offense is on the ground through Williams. He may not play but his back-up had a career day against us last year. They turn the ball over as do we.
    It’s a winnable game. We used to own Bucknell (15 straight wins from 1998-2012). It’s time we assert ourselves again

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A winnable game if we hold Bison to their point avg so far this year. Do think we will score a good bit if we dont pull another Princeton show.

Miller
    Participant

2 years ago was one of the most unexplained games at BU. It had been years since losing to them,but from the opening kickoff things happened in a snowball effect. Fumbles/penalties/dropped passes and ints/qb injury etc. I really felt good going into that game,not so sure about this game. Bucknell has smacked us the past 2 years. Turnovers were huge. If we play clean maybe get to 3-3,just so hard to predict which team shows up.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Game preview for Lehigh at Bucknell…

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/10/game-preview-lehigh-at-bucknell-10102015.html

And hopefully kick-starting some discussion on this actual season in what is inarguably the most important game of the season thus far.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Two items
    Benson’s Steakhousevwas a great place to eat. We went a lot as kids got older. A fond memory.
    DOTW That is not the easiest berr to get in my neck of the woods.
    Game
    From what I can see ,BU. OL big but not nearly as athletoc as PU and Yale. Carter is their big play guy. He lit us up last year. CB anda S on top for us. BU runs a lot mostly on either side of the OTs,a weak point in 3 man line.
    D very stingy. See, to live on max pressure up front. A lot of run blitzes. Very susceptible to option plays.

LehighGuy
    Participant

I really like your articles LFN. But its comical to me how you constantly write about our secondary and all the good things they do, when everyone with eyes know theyre the weakest link on the D, and are the positions that needs revamped! LFN, are you a enabler ;)

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

[quote=22487]Two items
    Benson’s Steakhousevwas a great place to eat. We went a lot as kids got older. A fond memory.

[/quote]

Yes, a great place. Benson was also the co-founder of Smith and Wollensky’s – with fellow Bucknellian Alan Stillman – and they also started a couple of other Manhattan restaurants. Stillman also started TGIF’s in NYC 50 years ago, but sold it within a decade. It was a lot different back then.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.