CCSU

This topic contains 94 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

:)You and me both. My lack of confidence in Folmar is well known from last year. Circumstances or him? Cant say. Showed flashes of spark but I have no clue what the point of runs between the tackles aas. Guess we must trust Andy’s pick for now.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

ZGROAN :). Mint chocolate chip is my favorite.
    His body of work is growing.Not impressive. The quetion is why. Last yr ..devastated OL,no RB attack,hurt QB.
    Time will tell.

Buddy
    Participant

Shaf wont last 5 games at this rate. What a shame, he is one kid that could go to the next level if they don’t screw him up.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Lol at Shaf playing on the next level. Please, please fans don’t get too excited about the D, it was CCSU for gods sake, and they were YOUNG and not very good. We will see next week about the D. I for one don’t like the two freshman returning kicks, put Nick T or Sasha or Redmond back there, someone that will try to take it to the house,the freshman just ran into the back of the pile and fell, one couldn’t make a one on one move on a Lineman…lol

Hawkineer2
    Participant

Folmar runs QB running plays after calling a dive up the middle that nets a yard or so. The D puts 9 guys on or on top of the line. It looks like a goal line stand – even if we are on our own 40. Against a good team, we often go 3 and out. So much for stretching the field or creating surprise. Too complicated and difficult to learn, it seems.
    Very similar to last year except the D is better and Knott and NS are not injured yet. The receivers are solid but underused.
    Folmar should look at tape of previous Lehigh teams.

Buddy
    Participant

Lehigh Guy,
    Unfortunately I have to agree, trust trying to find some optimism.
    I know of one of the freshman running backs who was out injured and only had one practice in 3 weeks before the first game and played one hell of a lot. I say we give the whole team off 3 weeks?

Hawkineer2
    Participant

The offensive play calling may be miserable but at least Andy has a new look : glasses, close cropped goatee, and professorial aura. After next week, I assume a pipe while explaining the complexity of teaching the Lehigh offense.

van
    van
    Participant

Glad we won, some of you guys would be hurting yourselves if we lost. Please hide the sharp objects and guns.

Team was 3-8 last year with a terrible D. Based on one game the D looks significantly better. If you expected to go from 3-8 to 11-0 you might be disappointed. Seems most thought 7 wins would be a reasonable step forward. I don’t see that as impossible even with a vanilla O in game 1 with 2 frosh RBs.

Guess you guys think team has regressed.

Buddy
    Participant

Van,
    With all due respect, there is no reason we need to run a Vanilla “O” and two freshman running backs, what the hell? Suck it up. We have others that know the offense and can run the ball. I personally think the RB’s are two small?
    I like the “D”, a few adjustments and we are good to go.

LehighGuy
    Participant

I hate we keep saying the O is dumbed down for smart players that go to LEHIGH! Someone should tell the OC he’s not in Kuztown anymore, the players here are smart!

NJLehighFan
    Participant

Was not Montgomery that gave up TD. He only played on punt return team last night. Ball was thrown low with no arc and DB never turned to see it coming.

Buddy
    Participant

Well we live in a politically correct world, I do believe that this scholarship program has dumbed down Lehigh. Think about it, we have two Freshman RB’s which cost the University and Athletics Program a half a million dollars. Do the math, 12 games a year for 4 years is costing the University how many dollars each time they run the ball? Pretty sick. I’m sure someone has to justify it?

Buddy
    Participant

We are Just all Vanilla, illa, illa, illa, illa

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well said LG. No buddy. Truth is we are getting smarter players now. Team GPA higher with these kids.
    Small’s O as added to by Higgins and Ceech is a pretty complicated passing O. It is QBcentric. Depends on him making correct reads quickly. WRs have multiple options depending on how D reacts. Bialkowski last to run that O. When Andy came one of his stated aims was to dvelop some smash mouth running attack. Not sure if thats what we’ve seen last two years. Definite we haven’t seen AirLehigh
    Thet O works best with a great runner. We’ve had a lot of them over the years.
    If they decide to scrap it for a better system to fit our personnel,OK. Best actually do that.
    CCSU not a top team,so stats may not mean much but O did roll up big yds,not too many big finishes in red zone.Repeat this vs a good team,we lose.
    O has an excellent QB,deep and talented WRs,a veteran,if dinged,OLyet we still struggled. Why? Andy has to find the answer.

Hawkineer2
    Participant

The dumbing down process may not be a players issue.

I know a win is a win but this was a meek and timid effort.

It was also boring play – again not reflective of LU tradition.

It has to improve.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.