First practice

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football First practice

This topic contains 53 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Upbeat interviews as usual. My takeaways. Knott back at full speed. Nick Crisp throws. Big change from most of last year. Andy hands on this year. Getting back to his roots working with lines.A lot of emphalsis on frosh. Guessing everyone expecting a lot of these guys getting PT. Mayes looked sharp also. Real nice arm.
    Perhaps just well edited video but practice seems much more organized and intense than last year.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by RichH RichH.

toddcudd
    Participant

Linkage:

First Practice

LehighGuy
    Participant

Knott is VERY fast and quick. I hope he can hold onto the ball AND stay healthy this yr, he could be a very dangerous player

TMH
    Participant

Two things stuck out to me
    1.)Nick’s throwing motion…last season, he almost appeared to be throwing darts and hence the routes were 10 yds and less. Just in the little bit of video I saw, he is doing a much better job of following through and seemed to be able to throw deeper with ease. I think the tears in his shoulders had a much biger impact than people want to believe. A healthy QB can change our offense radically.

2.)Unlike any year I can remember, with the possible exception of the Stambaugh,Martucci, Snyder etc class, there is a lot of chatter about this year’s freshman class. I think quite a few of them will make the depth chart this year and more on special teams. This class has the potential of being special. Just my opinion.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Knott a difference maker if he can stay on the field fast and waterbug quick. Unfortunately about as big as one.
    Nick
    Noitice he threw straight over his shoulder with ease. Last year,anything more than 10-15 yds was thrown 3/4 arm like a javelin heave.
    Hate to get ahead of my optimism but hard not to.
    Agree on frosh. Andy has gotten progrsssively better schollie classes.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

The only back I saw taking handoffs was our FB Mackenzie Crawford. He seems to be the No. 1 on the depth chart for the moment if I had to guess.

Don’t want to read into this too much, but that was a real frozen rope that Mayes completed to Gatlin Casey.

It’s good to be back in football season.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Both FBs are good. Kenny a better runner. Hasn’t been able to avoid injuries. Only other back,I noticed was Brisker on a double team block. No surprise with Brad. Only questipn with him is how high on the depth chart will he get.
    Would be nice if videos are a daily event.:)

TMH
    Participant

I noticed the our QBs completed every single pass on that tape :-)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Very friendly editor :-)

just a fan
    Participant

I’ve been saying I think this class gonna help spring board LU back to winning

Gotta grind to shine tho

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Little doubt this class has amazing potential. IMO ,the best schollie class so far. How much will they impact on this season? Hope a lot:)
    Caveat is that all PL squads are also hyped for these classes. Justifiably in most cases. Which staff can get the frosh up to speed to compete?

just a fan
    Participant

Lil Birdie tells me Montgomery got a pick 6 today in practice and Brisket looks ready to tote

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

Competition at RB is clearly going to be fierce. Freshmen very much in the mix to become opening-day starters. Even possible there could be a rotation between two (or three) backs. Exciting to see who emerges.

toddcudd
    Participant

Nice!! Any scoopage is appreciated, fan! I’m eager to see some more video, particularly of the new RBs.

TMH
    Participant

just a fan,
    Is the is Brisker you’re talking about

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.