FULMAR GONE

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football FULMAR GONE

This topic contains 38 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    marco
    marco
    Participant

Regarding facility improvements, Lafayette had a bunch of people donate $35 million and it was spent improving their decrepit stadium and on building a field house. Better hope for a similar deal for it to happen at LU.

richb-1
    Participant

Some of the most well attended PIAA playoff games were at Goodman. Two Manheim Central – Berwick games drew like 12000. I think there was also another big game, like easton-CBW.

Those games were after our season had ended, even if we are going late in the season, well the steelers have used Heinz Grass field the day the day after the Wpial quad playoffs. Kind of thinking Goodman would be for PIAA semi- Finals, Maybe a quarter final if the logistics are perfect.

Bringing playoffs to the Goodman campus would be good for town-gown relations. Of the big stadiums in the LV ours is the only without lights, but certainly the one with the best parking.

PIAA likes baseball and Softball playoff doubleheaeders (ie 4 teams) beginning like 4:00 PM

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

[quote quote=30407]we’ve discussed lights ad nauseam, seriously doubt it will ever happen and there are much better ways to spend that money

if the OC moves to Elon as OC, that is lateral, but there could be many positive reasons to do it and Folmar is still young and no doubt looking to be a HC

[/quote]

If Lehigh can’t host playoff games then I don’t see the point of participating in them. It would be ridiculous and flat out wrong to send a seed worthy team on the road over Thanksgiving. Recruits would be wise to consider other Patriot League schools if that’s the case.

Not being interested in competing (and that’s how I would look at never hosting FCS playoff games) in the playoffs would be a horrible horrible decision with the addition of scholarships.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

I believe the last PIAA playoff game Lehigh hosted was CBW vs Becca in 1999. I was at that game. Good old Dustin Pichotti! There were a few future Lehigh players on that Becca team. CBW took care of my HS the week before in Wilkes-Barre.

Lewisburg plays their regular season games at Bucknell. I have to believe CMS has hosted a PIAA game fairly recently.

Guardian14
    Participant

This team and it’s coaches were 9-3 last year and won the PL championship. This was the first year we had 4 Scholarship classes represented on the field (same as the other PL teams) and we ran the table. Looks to me maybe our coaches did a pretty good job…even without having a new sweat shirt to give out every day. Lehigh does not need to give out gear…its is offering an education at one of the finest universities in the country and our students enter the work force earning salaries higher then 99% of graduates form other colleges in this country. The kids we want are the kids that value that over an arm sleeve.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote quote=30418]This team and it’s coaches were 9-3 last year and won the PL championship. This was the first year we had 4 Scholarship classes represented on the field (same as the other PL teams) and we ran the table. Looks to me maybe our coaches did a pretty good job…even without having a new sweat shirt to give out every day. Lehigh does not need to give out gear…its is offering an education at one of the finest universities in the country and our students enter the work force earning salaries higher then 99% of graduates form other colleges in this country. The kids we want are the kids that value that over an arm sleeve.

[/quote]
    +1

LehighGuy
    Participant

We didnt need to lose ANY coaches from the offense, now the D coaches are another story! 3-3-5 for ANOTHER yr, we might win PL, we might not. But playoff games forget it!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by  LehighGuy.

Anonymous

agreed…but as long as we keep hoping for playoff wins, an arm sleeve would help. no doubt our kids are academically very good. we are wanting both worlds…it sounds as if we cannot get it. arm sleeves or academics??? even doctors needs gloves to work with. how bout some nice gloves to give out to our 3.5 gpa team. sounds good. i want both worlds…

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

1) I’ve seen no media or Elon report on Folmar leaving. Why? Everyone jumping the gun?

2) I see this as a lateral move, too. Why would Lembo leave to go to Elon? Cause the team he inherited at Lehigh was headed downhill and he could go to a place like Elon and built it a bit, before it, too, petered out.

Folmar going as an OC? I don’t get it. Elon won’t rebuild that quickly and Folmar could be looking at headed to a DIII school again.

3) I’ve been to Elon. It’s a nice school — not exactly in a primo area. That said, lots of nice NC stuff within two-hour drive. For some reason lots of northern kids want to go there and Clemson.

4) Waiting to see real media before freaking out.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.