Future Games.

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Future Games.

This topic contains 41 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Miller
    Participant

Does someone have any info on Bye WeeK? Is this a game we can escape without another loss? I heard they may not be a physical team, so injuries may not be a problem. Enjoy your next 13 days as Bucknell looks to be the real deal. …but we have a revenge factor I hope.

van
    van
    Participant

suspect there will be enough missed tackles in practice that no further injuries will be sustained

LehighGuy
    Participant

Lol…..You heard it here first. Lehigh will beat Bucknell. Because were not suppose to ;)

Lehigh74
    Participant

Does anyone have any information about Shafnisky. How serious is the injury? What are the chances he will be able play against Bucknell?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Dinged shoulder. No word yet. Grapevine also quiet. He did not seem incapacitated on sidelines. Kept trying to grab his helmet to go in. Think O will be fine. Botts and staff need to bolster D. Explaining to them that they are allowed to use their arms when tackling may help :).
    Most will be out recruiting at least part of this week.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

It’s too many arms and not enough shoulders being used. I can’t imagine that all the coaching change on defense would have this effect. I mean tackling is tackling whether you are at F&M or Lehigh. The defense needs to get some pride and ‘reckless abandon’ as one of my old coaches used to say. They can turn this season around, but it must start now.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Seems that tackling thru the ball carrier is a list art in football on all levels. Admittedly back in my day we had tackling drills. If you didn’t drive thru the runner or tackling dummy( do they use them anynore?),You ran the hill. So many now just throw their bodies at runner w/o wrapping up.

Miller
    Participant

sometimes the simple things are overlooked…practice makes perfect. I still want to fault game/film prep. At least last season we looked more prepared with less. I have no doubt the team can turn things around, but many have to look in the mirror and swallow some pride.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by  Miller.
    sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

1) I love Miller’s post: “Is this a game we can escape without another loss?”

We need some humor.

2) So LehighGuy thinks we’re going to beat Bucknell?

My gut tells me to laugh.

My heart and brain tells me there will be an upset somewhere, and what better place to do it than at Goodman against a team that looked awfully cocky last year and still gets only about 250 fans to its games? (OK, I exaggerate on the attendance.)

I may get on LehighGuy’s bandwagon after I see the injury report next week.

3) BTW: Anyone else notice all the missed tackles in FBS, the NFL this week? All those new UnderArmour jerseys more slippery? LOL

LehighGuy
    Participant

Bucknell didnt exactly look like world beaters when they played a Cornell team thats in the bottom two of the Ivys…they won 20-7…IJS.

LehighGuy
    Participant

I refuse to give up on the season. We still can win the PL. Our D is getting better, we only gave up 500yds! Our O is Avg. over 30pts…. Positive thinking people :)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LG has a bandwagon. Who knew? :) Nick s/b OK.Andy doesn’t expect a lot of retunees. As LFN,points out, this team has to learn how to win. 2-2 was very possible. Over the last 3 yrs we won those close games . In Andy’s first 4 yrs we lost 19 of 20,IIR, games decided by 7 or less. This team has more individual talent than any we’ve had. This season ,so far, a perfect storm of new coaches,players and injuries. Bucknell should be a classic revenge game for us. A game we can win.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

The tackling problem has risen with the lack of tackling and ‘going live’ in practice. If you don’t practice tackling how can you expect to improve? You see this at all levels of football.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Glaring even in NFL. Seems we see lits of imitation of bad habits. I do get the necessity for safety. Kids still have to learn how to play properly. Tacklung dummies helped in my day,why not now?

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Re: Missed tackles

Now that I think about it … I read a lot last year or the year before about initiatives/requests to reduce the number of allowed contact or hitting practices at all levels (NFHS, NCAA, NFL) due to concussion concerns.

Has action been taken?

Might that have an effect?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.