Game 6: Purdue

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball Game 6: Purdue

This topic contains 31 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

OK,what does reevaluated mean?

travism
    travism
    Participant

I don’t have a good feeling on matt. Odd to me a few weeks ago I believe he had a set back. Didn’t have the boot for like the first 3 or 4 games. Then all of a sudd n had a big boot on. I was at Yale game. No boot. I don’t expect him ready for conf play. But who knows. After thinking about. The loss of Brandon was the dagger in this team. Him and Kyle would be nice wing players. Losing miles hurt. But Brandon just took away any depth we had. Lufroy must start.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Guess we’ll know soon enuf on Matt. Much longer and might as well redshirt him. Agree,on BA. He was our bench. We dont have one this year. Just look at the minutes ffom tonite. Our rotation is 6.,smh.
    Next year will pose some real isdues for us. A frontline of 1sr and 4 frosh.
    A backcourt of 1 sr,1 jr,2 so and a fr.

TMH
    Participant

The setback involved some more surgery. Sorry if I wasn’t too clear. I’m never sure what is appropriate to post.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Well,a return this year may indeed be a very remote possibility. Our 6 players are gonna log a ton of minutes. What will Doc do if we have any injuries?

travism
    travism
    Participant

Is it his foot or knee

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Boot. Guessing foot or ankle.

TMH
    Participant

Still the foot.

lehigh90
    Participant

I really like what I see from KL. Good athlete. Seems pretty fearless out there. Has shown ability to score and knock down the three. Looks good with ball in his hands.
    Interesting discussion of his high school during game last night, Prolific Prep. Only exists for basketball, no academics. How is that possible?

toddcudd
    Participant

The guys at Prolific attend other local schools for academics. Purely a basketball factory.

LU15
    Participant

Class of 2019 to welcome promising basketball recruits

“Leufroy comes to Lehigh from a unique situation. He is originally from Pasadena in southern California, where he attended St. Francis High School in nearby La Canada. Then he decided to move in with a host family in northern California and enroll in Prolific Prep, a basketball academy devoted to developing basketball talent, while enrolled in Benicia High School. Both he and Reed feel he could have major dividends as his ability develops.”

Written by yours truly!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by  LU15.

lehigh90
    Participant

Thanks guys. You can see how with his background, that the game doesn’t look too big, early in his college career.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Time will tell whether kids farmed out by their parents to sports academies — some of which have their own “high schools” — fit in at places like Lehigh, or anywhere else.

To me, it’s an awfully scary trend — if the main purpose of school is academics.

If these academies are so good, why are they not producing professionals? (Sarcasm somewhat.)

Call me jaded.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

I think it’s a valid question when it comes to basketball factories, where they have sham classes designed to fraudulently raise the player’s GPA. However in this case, the players go to a real HS for academics. If they simply listed his academic HS on the bio and then listed Prolific Prep as his club team, then no-one would bat an eye. This has been going in in soccer for many years, with no adverse effect – except on the high schools who are losing a lot of their best players. Lehigh, like most soccer programs, has kids who bypassed their HS team to play academy soccer.

One other thing. I doubt the parents sent the kids to Prolific Prep with the NBA in mind but rather a D1 scholarship. It worked for a number of their players.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

The soccer thing troubles me, too.

I know kids who have traveled four hours round-trip several days a week to play for academies or regional ODP teams. And, frankly, they get no better training than many of the trainers at local clubs.

What many of these academies do is collect all-star teams of kids to play in showcase tournaments that attract coaches. These academies do NOT develop players.

Lots of outstanding players who are not blessed to be on top academy teams never get a shot.

Sadly, in soccer and often in lacrosse, the club teams and their trainers usually are way better than high school teams/coaches.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.