LU vs. GU

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football LU vs. GU

This topic contains 46 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Absolutely. No big runs.

hawkineer
    hawkineer
    Participant

[quote=23129]Did anyone else notice that Colgate held Edmonds to 51 yards rushing? The difference between even an average BCS defense and ours is significant.

[/quote]
    Perhaps Edmonds was just exhausted from running wild last week!😋

LehighGuy
    Participant

Yes, comical. Same ole song for same ole story. I wish they change it too! And Lawson played CB all last yr. Just glad we got the win. We control our own destiny now for PL title. How does tiebreaker work if its three way? That would amazing if we could pull this off, its definitely doable. Gonna have to play better D next week or HC might drop 50.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Your standard rant aside,get your facts right LG. Lawson was a backup CB. When Wilmington went down ,he went to S for the last 8+ games.

just a fan
    Participant

NO ADJUSTMENTS AFTER HALFTIME AGAIN THIS WEEK
    3-3-5 ALL GAME AGAIN… #26 MISSED 4 STRAIGHT TACKLES IN 1ST HALF COMES OFF THE FIELD MOUTHING BACK AT THE COACHES WE PUT MONTGOMERY IN 3 AND OUT THEN THEY GO BACK TO #26 AGAIN… UNBELIEVABLE…

I WANT WINNERS!!!!

LehighGuy
    Participant

I guess its you ranting Rich. I had no rants this whole thread. Just stated facts that we all acknowledge. Fact is Lawson was the backup CB, he played CB on some games as well last yr. And yes he played safety because somebody got hurt, Wilmington I think. So get your facts right, he was a CB that played safety. I was addressing somebody that said he wasnt a cover guy, not sure if that was you or not. Your the expert, besides your little tantrum, whats the tie breaker rule

LehighGuy
    Participant

Dont tell the truth and say anything against LU “just a fan”. The LU Breakfast Club will shoot you down, probably try to get you banned for having a opinion

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

[quote=23134]Yes, comical. Same ole song for same ole story. I wish they change it too! And Lawson played CB all last yr. Just glad we got the win. We control our own destiny now for PL title. How does tiebreaker work if its three way? That would amazing if we could pull this off, its definitely doable. Gonna have to play better D next week or HC might drop 50.

[/quote]No rant LG,just a correction. He did not play CB all year.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Lol, ok. Now do you know the answer to my question? PS, he was the backup corner all last yr. He practiced cb all last yr. He was and is a cover guy is my point. But you win, lol, I digress

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

If that is your point ,it is wrong. Randy is essentially a LB in a 175 lb frame. He didn’t start at CB because he does not have good cover skills. If you go back and look he came in most often for outside run support. He is very good at coming forward,not great on going backwards.
    Not claiming he didn’t get beat yesterday. My issue is Botts seemd not to react to GU to passing underneath. Left a guy ,not good at coverage on an island.

Neighbor
    Participant

Rich is leaning here toward one of my constant beliefs. That is, it’s not fair to place too much blame on the player.

The player uses what he was TAUGHT, runs what he is TOLD, where he was PLACED, only when he is DIRECTED, and for a GIVEN amount of opportunity. There’s a whole lot of ‘COACH’ in the process.

The responsibility to make quick, corrective adjustments when needed lies mostly with the PAID participants, too.

This year’s staff needs to improve, or be changed. My preference was to have seen MOST of that change happening right after last season, but here we are.

I really have to admire the fight in these players. Looks like they are giving everything they can when asked.

van
    van
    Participant

no doubt players are giving effort, but weak recruiting on D has left us in a rebuilding effort too long and lack of depth has come home to roost

in defense of Botts (and I am far from a D expert) not sure there was much that could be done to help Lawson when they line up 4 and 5 wide

LehighGuy
    Participant

I didn’t call out Lawson, I actually like the kid. He had a bad game yesterday. I watch practices, he actually can cover just as good as the starters if thats saying something. So im wrong if you say im wrong. The point remains the same, he played CB, he practiced CB, he was good enough to be 2nd string at BOTH right and left CB positions last yr AND play safety. I think it says something about the kids skills, now they ask him to play rover. And you STILL didnt answer my ?, whats the tiebreaker deal?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Two possible choices,I think,zone or drop a S down to help. Dont k.ow whether either would have worked but doing nothing ddfinitely didn’t work.
    Agree on recruiting. We have lots of LBs,probably too many. Fosh have 5. Had a long drought with DL and CBs. Most of our best are fr and so.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Rover is not an easy slot to play or learn. Lawson did OK in run support and tackling. We can agree he got hosed on pass covrage. What ever the reason, if GU picks on that spot with pass attack and we are getting beat repeatedly,do something. Help him or replace him with a CB who might do better. My sole point is hat doing nothing was not the answer

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.