Mayes

This topic contains 68 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author

Lehigh74
    Participant

I was really impressed with Brad Mayes. The kid is a great passer and was really poised. If our defense was able to stop someone we can win a lot of games with him at quarterback.

Neighbor
    Participant

Fully agree. The young running backs are showing something, too!

Too bad the paid adults didn’t have this team prepared to start the season. The players are giving all they have. That’s all anyone can ask of them. Despite the injuries (something every team faces) the future looks good. All that’s needed is a better group of ‘pros’ to feed them properly and turn them loose.

toddcudd
    Participant

Reading the game recaps is pretty amazing as to the future of the team. Every other sentence “freshman QB”, “freshman RB”, “freshman kicker”, “sophomore WR”. Very cool.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Brad is no longer a frosh. Impressive command and execution. All our frosh were great today on O.

hawktalker
    Participant

Mayes was so much better than last week. If his week-to-week progression continues at the same pace, look out.
    Interesting how they used Shaf at goal line and when killing the clock. Is this Lum/Colvin in reverse?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A fantasy. Nick,Brad and Dom at the same time. Surace would be tickled by the imitation of Tiger O.

Miller
    Participant

If Mayes progressed this much in 1 week with 1st team, then keep him there. Reminds me of 2010-2011 with that arm.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Bright future. We rarely get anyone with an arm.like his. Threatt last one I can recall. Sedale a phenomenal athlete he wasn’t a very good QB. Mayes has it all.

Miller
    Participant

Clark/Lum- Lum/Colvin-Bialkowski/Shafnisky-Shafnisky/Mayes.
    1-Lum
    2-Mayes
    3-Bialkowski
    4-Colvin and Shafnisky
    If you have weapons on O, then it’s a simple decision

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Arm strength.
    BB probably most accurate pure passer we’ve had. Not a big arm by any measure. Chris ,porobably my favorite QB among all the great ones we’ve had. A good arm and an excellent reader. But,not quite as strong an arm as Brad. For deep passes alone a lot of other nsmes can slidd in before either BB or Chris. Brunner,McQuilken,Harris,Stambaugh et al.
    Pretty much agree with your comparisons of QBs. Brad has a much hivhdf upside than Nick. But,Nick is not as limited az Clark,Colvin or himself as a frosh. A big arm is nice but not essential to being a very good QB. It may well be that Brad will progress fast and far dnuf hat he should be the starter next year. Hell,if O is getting in runs ,put him in and open th fidld and let WRs get deep.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by RichH RichH.
    ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

Boy having Shaf and Mayes out there should be an OC’s wet dream. We should be dreaming up all sorts of ‘shat’ for next year.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

GROAN….:-)

Doc Qb
    Participant

Need to shamelessly plug my era…He’s Glenn Kempa all over again. 6000 yds and roster spot aside Harbaugh w Bears until he left to be a LU civil engineer. Ain’t gonna run, but WILL beat u deep or find the check down guy. Too much upside to keep on bench. I’d be worried he could transfer, which would make us all sad. Tough choices ahead for Andy, but boy, fun to watch.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Wow,what a release he had. Brad more mobile but yes comparable arms. Cant see him getting parkdd going forward. Guess sets for him this year. Much more next.

TMH
    Participant

This discussion board would be a field day for any psycho-analyst :-). I suppose that may apply to every discussion group though. In the words of Aaron Rodgers R-E-L-A-X. In my one brief meeting with Brad, I came away with the firm impression that he is not only a very gifted athlete but more importantly a very mature, level headed young man who understands where he is and where he is going. Assuming he stays healthy, he is going to do great things at Lehigh but he understands his role here now. We have a tendency to jump to conclusions after each game rather than enjoy the ride. This board anointed a young freshman a couple seasons ago when BB got hurt and Shaf led the team to wins over HC and Colgate. How short our memories can be.
    Brad had a great game. It came against Georgetown. They applied almost no pressure. Brad took every advantage of it. The previous week he threw 3 picks in a half. Nick still has a better efficiency rating, pass completion %, almost identical ypc and adds the extra dimension with his legs. He was a Top 10 QB prior to his injury.
    What we do know now however is that offensively, we are blessed with talented young depth. If we can fully develop the OL to its greatest potential, we will be a nightmare for opposing DCs. The level of success/failure and the mood of this board is dictated solely by what we do defensively.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.