Poaching …

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Poaching …

This topic contains 51 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

We were warned about verbals (the followings was a tweet, I think).

Chris Favoroso’s hometown newspaper reports:

“The University of South Florida visited Jensen Beach High School on Thursday to see outside linebacker Chris Favoroso (No. 5 Scripps Super 11).

“South Florida has made an offer to Favoroso, the All-Area Defensive Co-Player of the Year, but seems torn between whether to utilize him on defense or as an H-back on offense.”

USF over Lehigh: LOL. Makes no sense, to me, unless we’re offering only a partial.

lfnadmin
    Keymaster

From what you’re saying it looked like they were on an official visit and they didn’t come to any conclusion. But that has to be a good sign that USF is trying to get our guy.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Favoroso definite for us . Full ride.
    Brooks however committed to So.Miss.

LehighGuy
    Participant

What’s wrong with USF? Saying picking them over LEHIGH is a mistake? That’s like saying a kid that picks Lehigh over a Ivy is a mistake. As long as the kid gets a education for free is a good thing right? Lmao. Surprised kid doesn’t have bigger offers to be honest. Hope he sticks with us because he is a steal. He would play immediately imo.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Bored LG?:)

While a free education is a good thing,to compare LU to USF academkcally is ridiculous. Yes there is a gap between LU and the top of the IL but that is minscule compared to the gulf between LU and USF.
    Agree tho that Favoroso is a superb recruit. IIR, he is the first 3*** recruit we”ve ever gotten for D.Buskurk and Olshanski are very close to his level.

QBdad
    QBdad
    Participant

Short time following, first time posting. I expect to be entertained gentleman.

It appears that LG’s avi fits him quite well. A little of “my glass is half empty” at the party makes for a good time.

My two cents…until last year USF didn’t rank high enough to even be ranked by USNews & World Report of top academic institutions. Now they are somewhere around #180, while I believe LU sits at #40. That’s not anywhere in the same neighborhood. This on top of the fact that their program is imploding and the entire coaching staff is likely to be signing up for unemployment soon, would make me agree 100% that picking USF over LU would be a mistake.

Ok maybe that was my 3 cents.

QBdad
    QBdad
    Participant

Favoroso is a huge get and I believe he’s solid to LU.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Yes I’m bored. And I didn’t know it was a top and bottom when it came to the Ivies and academics. I think the kid had a offer from Penn as well. LU starting to win the recruiting battles against the Ivies since scholarships are in the mix.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Schollies have made a difference in battling IL for recruits. Still wont beat HYP too often but overall doing better vs Ivies. Key for us tho is winning more vs CAA and MAC.

LehighGuy
    Participant

And QBDad my glass was full, then empty last night. Full then empty…repeat……shot glass that is ;)

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

If this kid is looking at academically competitive schools, he’d be nuts to go to USF versus a degree from Lehigh. Depending on your prospective major, Lehigh can compete quite well with the IL. I know for fact our admissions did a thumbs down on several recruits who ended up at Penn and Cornell. Nice to see we are up there with some lesser FBS schools.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Bottom line is, LG:
    Get your free degree. Only a few handfuls of freshmen will ever see any meaningful NFL time.
    So, that means life is based on a real career, not the NFL.
    According to payscale.com, Lehigh ranks No. 20 in what students can expect to earn — $58,500 out of school, $111,000 mid-career. USF ranks No. 484, $41,400 out of school, $72,300 mid-career.
    You do the math … it’s a no-brainer.
    You want to compare Ivies? Brown, Harvard, 8; Yale, 12; Penn, 27; Cornell, 33; Dartmouth (tied with Lafayette), 44.
    Can you guess the top 5 … scroll down …
    LU
    LU
    LU
    LU
    LU
    LU
    LU
    LU
    LU
    ….
    5: Babson
    3: Cal Tech, Stevens Tech (tie)
    2: Navy
    1: Harvey Mudd ($73,000, $143,000)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Agree with your point qb. Should note that LU has dropped a good bit over the last few years. We were much higher 3 yrs ago. Amts dipped a bit but more due to greatly increased numbers from a number of schools.

sundayamqb
    sundayamqb
    Participant

Two things, RichH:

1) Per tweet from sportswriter at Favoroso’s hometown paper, Favoroso is headed for an official visit to USF this weekend.

2) I wonder if, despite the entry-level salary paid to arts college grad C.J. McCollum, the increased size of that college over the years has skewed downward the university’s numbers … I could be wrong …

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LU has dropped from approx $111,000 to 106,000..Agree that expansion of LA paft of issue. Gate made a major jump into top ten. We have been very close in dankings historically. Imagine it will even out.
    Saw article. As of my post,he had not changed hiz mind. As always,nothing certain until NSD. It is not unusual for recruits to take visits after verbling. All we can do is wait. Expect Coach Sawyer is on top of the situation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.