STARTERS

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football STARTERS

This topic contains 41 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by RichH RichH 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LT Daryoush
    G. Ford
    C. Short
    G. Rugg
    T. Nunes
    TE Coyle
    WR Parris
    WR Sansone
    RB Yosha
    FB Kauffman
    QB Shafniskey
    DL Laub
    DL Guyles
    DL Newton
    LB Verdon
    LB Caslow
    LB Ripanti
    LB Campbell
    DB Leaks
    DB Rigaud
    S. Wilmington
    S. Lambert
    Groller published list this AM. Notes s/b out today for 2 deep
    L

toddcudd
    Participant

Any surprises here, Rich? Or about what you would have expected?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Yup. Kauffman from ILB to FB
    Sansone at WR over Gaul .WR depth ridiculous expect 8-9 guys to rotate in.
    D not really. From bits during camp, this group not any shocks. Very interested in 2 deep. Botts will rotate a lot more players than last yr to keep fresh bodies on field .

van
    van
    Participant

surprised that Gaul is not starting WR, maybe nicked?

glad to see Lambert at S, he is a playmaker

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Lambert will make mistak but never from lack of energy or aggressiveness. Believe the good will out weigh bad.

TMH
    Participant

We need an injury report :-)
    I have to assume Crawford must be on it. I thought he was a given at FB

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Agree on Kenny. Injury info always scarce with Andy. Pethaps some in game notes. Same for Gaul?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Game notes up.Quentin Jones only frosh on 2 deep. Suggs moved to SS.
    On O Looks like Kauffman beat out Crawford at FB. Soph OL all on 2 deep. Tennant moved to OG and Sweeney to OT.Camasta moved to OC. Mike Anderson moved into 2 deep at WR.
    Otherwise no surprises.
    Inote Yosha listed as a KR also. I wonder why? Dont like seeing starting RB on a KR orPR team, Reminds me of Rod Gardner.
    Also noticed roster has not been updated for new wghts.Stubbs and Smith no longer come in AT 230.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by RichH RichH.

Miller
    Participant

Looking at last seasons stats, and seeing that Robb started ALL 11 games and had a solid year, why move him to back up a player like Isaiah, that rarely comes off. Remember him (38) being around the ball a lot. Isaiah was used to cover down field when teams ran 4 wide sets. Will Robb just be used on short yard /goal line sets? Hate to see a proven play maker not on the field.Also thought it was a given to see Laub take over for Nigel,but what do I know?
    Go Lehigh

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Robb will see lots of PT as will all front 7 on 2 deep. Botts will rotate ,IMHO, more bodies into game to maintain high pressure D.Goal is to get playmakers on the field. Good to see Kondas up. Tough player,just needs to avoid injuries that have plagued him.

TheCobbler
    Participant

Rich, I like seeing starting RB as kick-off returner. Georgia starting RB Gurley looked pretty good as a kick returner last week! Let’s hope Yosha can do the same thing. Going to need something unexpected to win this game.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Agree about needing big plays to win. Ever since we lost Gardner for the season on a punt return. Yosha probably is our best KR but still makes me nervous.

LehighGuy
    Participant

Dont like Yosha at KR, he’s to injury prone. Would like to see one of the freshman like Kelsey, Redmond, or Leigh returning punts and kickoffs.

van
    van
    Participant

Opps may kick away from Yosha, giving Leaks a chance to show his stuff?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Trust van to find the upside :).Leaks was explosive last year. Needs to score some TDs this yr.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.