Starting lineups???

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Starting lineups???

This topic contains 67 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

The true doldrums of summer are here. Over a month til camp and real football.
    Many more questions than answers.
    Is Shaf ready to throw?
    If not does Mayes get a shot?
    Are these frosh RBs ready for prime time?
    Does Andy stick to his Ssnior first policy and put Ked in ?
    Will Folmar actually use a TE?
    Speaking of him. Is he ready to be an OC this year?

D
    Hot damn what a cluster fuck.
    Will 3-3-5 help this group?
    D staff showed very little last year. Can they improve ?
    Lots of talent. Very bad results last year.
    Will Caveness make the difference?
    Do we hve any CBs that can actually cover a WR?
    Tackling??

Miller
    Participant

Sorry to burst your bubble about your dyspeptic outlook Rich,but the doldrums,cluster fucks and very bad results from last year should improve. If not…..then, the many more questions than answers will have gone unanswered. Does talent = wins? Yes! So you figure the rest out. Hopefully the new program works out.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

The question is not whether you enjoy bursting my bubble but what are your opinions on answers. Who should start a good start.

Miller
    Participant

22 starting spots on O & D right? 10-12 are open for competition for starting jobs including QB. We need to win 6-7 games to save some coaches jobs. The talent is there, just figure the puzzle.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Pretty much but still bobbing and weaving. Who do we play,where.

toddcudd
    Participant

I’d be surprised if a frosh starts at RB; seems to me that upperclassmen get the the benefit of the doubt at the start of the season. But I bet they’ll get touches and opportunities.
    I think the same is true for Mayes, if Shaf isn’t ready to go. As for D, I’ve got nothing more than hope!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Good answer. Hope may be our mantra going into this season with this D. We have more pieces than last 2 years. Wish I had any confidence in D staff. Andy does,pray he’s right.

toddcudd
    Participant

I’m guessing that OL and WR spots are pretty locked up?

TMH
    Participant

I’ll take a shot at the first few.
    1.) When I first talked to Andy after recruiting Shaf, he was most excited about his arm. I am absolutely convinced had his arm been completely healed, we not only would have seen a different QB but a different offense. I have heard nothing to indicate that he will not be ready for camp.
    2.)From what I heard Timochenko will begin at the #2. Mayes has a ton of talent but this position requires infinitely more reps than most. I expect him to sit and learn this year unless something unforeseen happens.
    3.)RB however, is probably the easiest position to transition to. The players are bigger and faster at this level but the essence is still the same. These freshmen were not only accomplished but are probably stronger than most of the guys attempting to tackle them. Bragalone may also be faster than many of those tracking him down. Blocking and the mental aspects will be the determining factors for PT and how quickly they transition IMHO. One of them will start this year.
    4.)I think the offense was simplified last season for 2 reasons. 1.) anew coordinator and 2.)a QB with a bad wing. The offense should be more deversified this year since those 2 conditions should not impact them. Expect more use of the TE this year if even as an additional blocker.
    5.)Will Folmar be ready. We will see. I do expect him to be better.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Lost 3.TEs. Zero experience. Folmar didn’t use good ones we had. What will he do this year?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

For Shaf suggest all take a few minutes and watch his video from HS and soph years.He was throwing 30-40 yd ropes on the run. Substantial loss of arm strength particularly from Yale onward. Lets hope his shoulder has healed.

TMH
    Participant

Reportedly, there was a bear sighting on Goodman Campus yesterday. It is my hope that this bear can put pressure on the QB and we are in the process of getting a commit. I believe Rival has it listed as **** and that Bucknell is also recruiting it.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/bethlehem/index.ssf/2015/06/lehigh_university_bear_sightin.html

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

A black bear,could be an ILB prospect. :-))

TMH
    Participant

Rich, I’ve done some additional research. The bear reportedly ran a 4.5 40. On a side note, the guy doing the timing was running even faster. The bear is now getting some looks from major conference schools bu the fact that it was spotted on our campus is a good sign.
    Academics may or may not be an issue. I’ve heard from a reputable source that the bear is not the sharpest tool in the shed but nobody from Admissions appears to be willing to tell the bear that.
    I’ll keep you informed if I hear more, since we are going through a dreadfully slow period right now :-)

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

LMAO. This will probably be the most intsresting topic until camp. Can you find out if his tea, is signed up for linemen camp?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.