Starting to Look Forward

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Starting to Look Forward

This topic contains 39 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by sundayamqb sundayamqb 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Shortest QB I recall was the kid Dunlap brought in moving Laubach yo RB. Think he was 5’7.

TMH
    Participant

“a very short QB that could not see over OL”

Not in their senior year. That’s when McQuiken made his debut. In all fairness though, two of those OL Thad Jamula and John Hill were selected in the NFL draft.

As for Bragalone, consider this. There are only 8 players in Patriot League history who have run for more than 4,000 yds in their career. Dom has 1,918 thus far in his sophomore season and he plays in a pass first offense.

marco
    marco
    Participant

In the day, the fullback got the touches.

You’re either referring to Jim Baxter (5’9) or Jerry Berger who was about 5’6 with heels.

Dunlap famously adapted his offense to his talent.I don’t think Fred Dunlap gets enough credit for establishing Lehigh and and its successful culture.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Berger was the QB I was thinking of. That was a long season. If I recall Thad had a cup of coffee with the Browns . Hill had a nice long careet.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

[quote quote=29095]

Back then we ran a versipn of the Delaware Wing T. Tubby Raymond”s O. Not much differane between HB and FB. He and Diorio were close to the same size.

my era, Rizzo a sprinter and Diorio a beast betwenn the tackles, and a very short QB that could not see over OL, LOL

[/quote]

Got to differ. I tackled both Diorio and Rizzo. Don was very quick and fast, but Rizzo was quick, fast and powerful. Rizzo was at least 20 lbs heavier than Diorio and it felt like a freight train running into you..

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

STATS has no credibility. How can Harvard be ranked above us? They lost “bigly” to Holy Cross and haven’t shown any domination as in year’s past. I think Penn may well win the IL this year. I like the Massey power rankings better. Not perfect, but it takes away the subjective bias the voters have for the certain geographical sections.

ngineer
    ngineer
    Participant

We should be able to get home game Saturday after Thanksgiving,IF we make a big enough bid. A 9-2 record with all convincing wins, a narrow loss to possible CAA champ Villanova should do the trick. The horrific first half against Monmouth as a first game will have little effect at the end. I see us playing the NEC Champ (St. Francis at the moment) or a CAA “lesser” team that gets in the playoffs. Youngstown at NDSU this week will have an impact on the potential second round possibilities.

TMH
    Participant

Still a lot of football left to be played but 24 teams make the playoff with 8 getting a 1st round bye. With Lehigh hanging around #20 in most polls, they will likely get a team ranked around #13 in the East. That could be a re-match with Villanova as of now and probably there.
    Let’s see where it stands next week :-)

van
    van
    Participant

as TMH said, lot to play yet, first round possibles; NEC champ, Nova, UNH, or a SoCon second place

Maine, Albany and Stony Brook are not out of question either

LehighGuy
    Participant

Geez guys lets win the last 2 games first, at least win this saturday before all the playoff talk. this is football and ANYTHING can happen!

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

No coffee yet but stuff to post. Jack 190 to 200. Don listed optiistically at 185.
    Early brackets have us vs Nova 1st game. Agree ngineer SFP or SB or Maine very possible Much depends on next 3 weeks.
    We still have to clinch PL. Bucknell must be the focus.

LehighGuy
    Participant

[quote quote=29093]

For a very long time Lehigh never played freshmen, and also for a good hunk of the late 20th century played a 9 and 10 game season, which puts some of those rushing marks in perspective. Furthermore, Jack Rizzo got that number as a fullback!

[/quote]Well that makes more sense. so maybe someone should put that in perspective for the people like myself that didnt know. Dom has played earlier and more games than most. If he goes down in LU history with the most yards, it should be a * next to it in respect to the other guys that couldnt play as early as he did with less games.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by  LehighGuy.

TMH
    Participant

LehighGuy,
    When he becomes only the 9th player in PL history to run for 4,000 yds in his career should we asterisk that to reflect that it was in a pass first offense. Brags is well on pace to pass Rabih Abdullah who had 3,600 yds in 4 years.

Side note: How is CJ Amill doing at Lafayette?

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Haley has us vs Liberty 1st round.

van
    van
    Participant

guess he expects Liberty to beat Chuck South, no way we out bid Liberty if they are in

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.