Starting lineups???

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Football Starting lineups???

This topic contains 67 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by ngineer ngineer 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Entire D is the concern. IF,Dline is strong that will ease the burden on back 8. I hope. Leaks’isuue wasn’t inability to cover but poor decision making. As to Ss,if Dline and LBs do a better job on run control Ss wont be cheating up .
    Admit,for me D staff still has to prove itself. Not impressed with last year’s failure to coach these kids up. Perhaps more the fault of a non existent Dline but saw no improvement anywhere.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Recruitin note. Last camps of the summer coming up on 7/11. Team passing and Linemen camps.

van
    van
    Participant

LG, what do you think about Wilmington at safety? he has 5th year approved

LehighGuy
    Participant

Cant really say about wilmington. was a Special teams player most of his career. What i saw last yr wasnt enough. Would you like him over Jones, Lawson, siegenthaler or givens??? The DB postions should be WIDE OPEN as nbody proved themselves IMO last yr. I would like to see some new faces early if the same faces have same results

LehighGuy
    Participant

Heard ALOT of kids are here early taking classes and working out, anybody have a #

just a fan
    Participant

i like the MLB kid Jake Buskirk looks like just a football player, the WR from Cali Conner Bianchini, Def Mico the RB from Georgia, and the 2 of the DBs I think could push for playing time, if they catch on, it could be interesting to see this DB back field play out!!

TMH
    Participant

Just a little side note Conner Bianchini recently caught 2 TDs in an Orange County All-Star game.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

What day does camp start?
    This is an interesting preseason in that no one seems to have a clue as to how good or bad Lehigh will be. I don’t think the ceiling is all that high while the bottom might still be in sight. It’s all about the defense imo.

With that said, the league in general does not seem to be very strong. Outside of Fordham and maybe Bucknell, I’m not sure who else ends up with a winning record.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

TMH,
    been looking for video of that game.
    This preseadon practice likely to be intense. Successful??
    The experts pick us for 4-5 wins next year,basdd on our lack of any D. The consensus is that situation. cannot be fixed quickly.
    If healthy, pretty sure our O will score points and keep us in games.If Botts a.d staff can put even a middling D on the field by start of PL schedule,we could have a winnig season.

Question maks
    Rookie RBs
    Productive TE
    Shaf’s shoulder.
    On D
    New system
    Coaches
    DL
    DL
    DL
    CB
    CB

Impact frosh
    RBs
    Morrow
    Lynn
    Montgomery
    Harris
    Chritiano
    Any of the above answer the questions. Nope

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

TMH
    Saw a tweet yestetday from Sutyak hyping a Lehigh camp for 7/17.
    ny idea what this is?

Hawkineer2
    Participant

Let’s hope we do not start hearing that the traditional Lehigh offense is too difficult for the current team and offensive coaches to master and, therefore, the schemes will be simplified.
    When LU has done well, the defenses and fans were kept guessing and there were numerous surprises with a receiver, TE, or RB suddenly being open resulting in a solid gain. That kept the opponents on the defensive and gave us momentum.
    Not so in recent years.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Last year a bit of an anomoly. Evident that O was drastically pared down.Why?
    IMO,probaly multiple causes. New OC. Soph QB. Plague of injuries decimating OL. Even with all that,O was not bad,just not neadly good enough to account for the worst D in FCS.
    Healthy coming into this year. Loss of Sawyer tough. Hopefully Marino up to the task.Basically veteran depth except at TE and RB. Hope Folmar is as capable as Andy believes. As a HC he ran a wide open O. Anticipate with a year in and less injury he will open up O.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Can we be better?
    Well,we have done it before in recdnt history
    4-7 to 12-1 in 98
    4-7 to 10-3 in10
    Just a.glimmer amidst the miasma :)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Go Lehigh TU Owl
    Participant

The last 3-8 season, ’92 was followed up with a 7-4 league championship year. The OOC schedule, on paper, is considerably easier than last year and the league still looks middling. The expectation should be 6-5 and a win over Lafayette imo.

RichH
    RichH
    Participant

Great year,to me,would be Ws over BU and Pards and a 7-4 record. Course wouldn’t mind a 12-1 season either.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.