2015-16 Schedule

Forum Forum Lehigh Sports Lehigh Men’s Basketball 2015-16 Schedule

This topic contains 122 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by travism travism 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

QUOTE: The Bison just officially release their schedule. I don’t think there 3 big games (Wake, The Nits, & N.C State) are nearly as challenging. Partly due (I’m guessing) to the completely new coaching staff.

– – – – –

Re Bucknell’s schedule, two of the three teams – Penn State and Wake – are in the middle of long-term contracts, so the new coaching staff had no real input. PSU played in Sojka last year, and Wake Forest will play in Sojka this year. That was a big part of opting to schedule them. There is no way that Virginia or Syracuse (or Pitt or Notre Dame etc) is going to agree to play on the road at Bucknell.

One quick story about Syracuse. Back in the winter of 2005, Bucknell and Syracuse had a conceptual agreement to meet the next year at Christmas-time in Wilkes-Barre (in what is now the Mohegan Sun Arena) for Gerry MacNamara’s homecoming game. Before the paperwork had been signed, Bucknell beat Pitt on the road and then beat Kansas in the NCAA. Suddenly Boeheim decided he was no longer interested in playing Bucknell on a neutral court – but instead would seek out a different team (i.e. a patsy) for that game. But he agreed to let Bucknell come up to the Carrier Dome, where he figured he’d get an easy win. Instead Bucknell beat him by 5-6 points in his own building. At least MacNamara’s homecoming worked out. Boeheim ended up scheduling a really bad Towson team and beat them by about 40 points.

jimk72
    jimk72
    Participant

I’ve mentioned this before here, but my dad was a dentist in Milton who did pre-dental two years at “Buckvill” as he called it in the late ’40s. He took us to a few games at Davis gym, where I once saw Tom Scneider & company lose late to the Nits, thus my distaste for them began at an early age. But because of all this I’m obviously a Lehigh fan for life, but The Bison is may lifelong 2nd.

It’s my opinion that 2005-2006 Bucknell team is the best so far in the history of Patriot league basketball. I saw the Pitt score early in that year, which broke a long, long home winning streak by Pitt, who was ranked in top 20 at the time (#10?). It was a complete shock to me because Patriot league teams just didn’t do that. And then they beat ‘Cuse up there. So when they got Kansas and not the #1 seed I knew they had a chance. I stood for most of the game and shed a tear or two ’cause my dad had passed away a couple of years before. Sorry to spill all this but its one of many reasons why college hoops is far and away my favorite pro or college sport.

I hadn’t heard the Boeheim story before but it sure fits his rep.

Bison137
    Bison137
    Participant

Thanks for the memories about Bucknell. You remember some good wins – although you have the years reversed for a couple of them. In 2004-05, BU beat Pitt and St. Joes on the road, and then beat Kansas in the NCAA. Gave Wisconsin a very tough game in the next round. Then in 2005-06, which was the best team, they beat DePaul and Syracuse on the road, beat St. Joes at home, and then beat Arkansas in the tournament. Had a 9 seed – which is easily the best ever for a PL team. They might have had a shot to go further but they then had to play #1 seed Memphis (Calipari) in the next round. Memphis had at least five future NBA draft picks (Rodney Carney, Shawne Williams, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Joey Dorsey, Robert Dozier), and about eight guys who had either been arrested or had some other kind of trouble. BU led for the first 8 minutes but then Charles Lee got in foul trouble and it was all over. Lost by about 15.

LU65
    Participant

Yale makes it official. They’re coming to Stabler on Thursday, Nov. 19th
    http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-baskbl/2015-16/schedule

Conference: IVY
    Last Year’s Record: 22-10
    KenPom Ranking: 70th

LU65
    Participant

And, it’s off to Purdue on Saturday, November 28th

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2509/purdue-boilermakers

Conference: B10
    Last Year’s Record: 21-13
    KenPom Ranking: 48th

LU65
    Participant

And, it’s off to Moon Township, PA to face Robert Morris on Thursday, Dec. 17th

http://rmucolonials.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Conference: NEC
    Last Year’s Record: 20-15
    KenPom Ranking: 176th

toddcudd
    Participant

I like these matchups a lot and am hopeful that some of them turn into series. The Ivy League has climbed up the conference ratings recently; on KenPom they finished as #15 vs. PL at #23 last year. Good for our SOS.

LU65
    Participant

Another one just fell into place!

@ Canisius on Monday, Nov. 16th

PS It’s 221 miles from Syracuse to Buffalo, home of the Griffins. ummm

Conference: MAAC
    Last Year’s Record: 18-15
    KenPom Ranking: 146th

toddcudd
    Participant

At last – it’s official!!

toddcudd
    Participant

Time to start seriously considering plans for that weekend. Carrier Dome on Friday night, then Hamilton on Saturday; 40 miles apart.
    Anybody else seriously considering the double feature weekend?

LU65
    Participant

For sure, I am. Wondering if the school will be offering an overnight bus / hotel package. Will be checking.

Now, if only UVA would make it official and squeeze us into their schedule.

http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/va-m-baskbl-sched.html

toddcudd
    Participant

Great! Let me know what you learn, 65. It will be MUCH easier for me to get to LU, and move out from there, than it will be to go directly to ‘cuse.

LU65
    Participant

s-l-o-w-l-y , ever so slowly, it’s coming together.

Columbia jsut announced! We’ll head into the Big Apple on Sunday, Nov. 22nd for a 4 o’clock tip.

Conference: IVY
    Last Year’s Record: 13-15
    KenPom Ranking: 175th

StablerBum
    StablerBum
    Participant

This is shaping up to be the toughest schedule in quite some time. Stony Brook, Yale, Columbia, and Robert Morris are tough games on top of the BCS games. Definitely seems like a concerted effort to test this team and maybe even a strategic RPI play for a squad returning almost everyone.

LU15
    Participant

When and where is the Stony Brook game?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.